Netflix Offline Mode

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Pad 2' started by legendus, Feb 26, 2017.

1. legendus

legendusMembers

Jul 4, 2016
    Male
    Hello,

Have you managed to have the offline mode of Netflix working in your tablet? At this moment I'm running 7.2.1 dev of xiaomi eu and when I open netflix on my tablet, it does not give me the option to download episodes. Has anyone tried using stable rom? Does it work?

Just as curiosity, how is the latest stable rom of this tablet working?

Best and thanks in advance

2. TuTuNightmare

Feb 19, 2017
    Male
    Italia
    I'm using the last stable, xiaomi.eu 8.1.3, and download mode is not working or, better, is not active.
    There's some code in the app that activate or deactivate download mode... on my nexus5 is working BUT not all tvseries are downloadable (es. breaking bad yes, lost no)

3. ni-fi

ni-fiMembers

Mar 22, 2017
    I have the same issue. Has anyone managed to download Netflix series with the MiPad2? And if yes, with which ROM?

4. legendus

legendusMembers

Jul 4, 2016
    Male
    I haven't managed to do it. But I'm looking forward to hearing how to solve this. I've heard is something related to a version of a software component. This is expected: DRM Widevine L3 (Version ID 4266) and in fact it is not so updated in the roms we use. So I'm not sure what of this can be modified by Xiaomi EU or we just have to think of checking AOSP rom.

5. Beppe

BeppeMembers

Dec 20, 2013
    Male
    Hi,
    first of all sorry for my bad english.
    I've both MiPad 2 and Mi4. On the second one i can use "download" function, with MiPad 2 I can't.

I don't think that it's problem about DRM libraries because i've flashed them via TWRP ( vi10plus-widevine.zip file) and now i can use another famous streaming video app in my country (SkyGo) that didn't work before. "DRM info" app confirms they're present too. I think the problem is the version of MIUI: i've tried with the latest China stable version and latest xiaomi.eu (based on China dev version). I would try to flash Global but i think that it doesn't exist for MiPad 2, am I wrong?! Can anyone confirm this?

I hope that some MIUI dev reads this thread and resolve this issue because it's a very big lack for this device.

Inviato dal mio MI 4W utilizzando Tapatalk

6. fabryfor

fabryforMembers

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Hello guys,
    I have the same issue, with netflix in offline mode. I have the 7.5.4 Italian version of miui.it installed on my mi
    pad 2.
    Has anyone solved it?
    Thank you for your support.

Beppe likes this.
  7. legendus

legendusMembers

Jul 4, 2016
    Male
    Has anyone a fix for this?

8. Poyaan

PoyaanMembers

Aug 9, 2017
    Male
    I've got the same problem, i can use Netflix, but not able to download for offline mode.
    Im using Image based on xiaomi.eu 7.6.8 and have applied "vi10plus-widevine.zip"

Any help appreciated!

Regards
    Poyaan

9. interprises

May 10, 2014
    Male
    It does not work, netflix ok offline mode ko!

On redmi4pro works offline mode

10. Poyaan

PoyaanMembers

Aug 9, 2017
    Male
    Yeah, that sucks :/
    Works on my Redmi Note 3 (MTK) running Epic ROM.

Share Our Site