New 3s Screenlocked

midon

Members
Nov 26, 2016
After I setup language, region and wlan, I set up fingerprint. I was informed about a MIUI update which I confirmed to download and left the fone as the download was slow. As I came back several hours later I could unlock the fone via fingerprint. As I wanted to add a google account I was asked to type screen password, so I typed the PIN I used to add fingerprint which was not accepted. After some tries, I was told fone is locked and I had to wait several minutes to try again. Now I must wait 2 hours to try again. I didn't set up a mi account on the fone.

I have read almost everything available about the S3. I have been granted unlock permission but I get error message at 50% "Couldn't verify device" though the Phone shouldn't be connected to any account. With the pc suite I could update MIUI. I get into fastboot but the Miphone app give error message: "FAILED (remote: Critical Partition flashing is not allowed)"

I cannot reboot into EDL, I tried several methods, the fone just do a normal restart.

I have windows 7 64 bit, I tried also another machine with windows 10 64 bit with same results. Both in Test mode also.

Should I try send it back?? Or is there still some hope? this is my first Xiaomi.

thank you for help. I had to use a DFC. Should I flash a stbable global before twrp and root? or should I use the built-in root option?