New Mi2s, not sure what to do

amz152

Members
Nov 30, 2013
Hi there,

I recently bought and received a new Mi2s. I've been reading through the posts on the forum, but I am still very, very confused on what to do.

I am in the US and I guess I want to update it so that the English is better than the stock. Also, I want to be able to use the google apps and gps system and etc.

So, how do I install/update the custom ROMs here AND which one am I supposed to use first?

From what I understand, I just download the current ROM, drag and drop into the folder on the SD card, then I go to the updater and just update it with the file I just dumped inside?

Also, which ROM am I supposed to download? I see ones that are titled MIUI ROM and ones titled MULTI.

I haven't done anything to my Mi2s yet, so anything would be very helpful, and hopefully I gain a better understanding on this.

Thank you for the help!

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it. Got it updated and working! :D
And if I want to update to the latest version do I do the same thing again? Or do I just press on check for updates on the phone?

To update again , you can check for Updates on phone through Updater. Downloading, installing is done by our phone itself. No need to worry there.

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it. Got it updated and working! :D
And if I want to update to the latest version do I do the same thing again? Or do I just press on check for updates on the phone?
To update to the new rom you can use the same process you did before.
You can use also Updater app, but you will get the update about a day later.
Remember that if you want update both partition you have to repeat the process twice.
But now you can update one partition a week if you want because there are no more conflicts between roms of miuiandroid.
:)