New MiBox

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Dave272, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Dave272

Dave272Members

Apr 22, 2014
    Male
    Hi all

I'm very new to this, bought the Mi box, and told it was 'decoded'. Just like to ask, How do I know if it really is 'decoded'? How can I test that? Which channels shouldn't I be able to see?

Another thing is that on my screens I have a circle with a % i.e.35%, it changes but I have no idea what it means, could it be the how good my connection is? or space left on my box? So far people I have asked have no idea what it is. It would be great if I could get some insights form you all.

thanks

2. Dorian Leger

Jun 17, 2014
    What do you mean it was "decoded"?

cpasmoi likes this.
  3. Dave272

Dave272Members

Apr 22, 2014
    Male
    Hi Dorian

I mean 'unlocked'. Usually when you buy the box, they say that it has been 'unlocked'

Do you have any idea about the number percentage on the screen?

any info would be gratefully appreciated.

4. Dorian Leger

Jun 17, 2014
    So when i bought mine, the only things they did is that they install "a crack app" for be able to look all the World Cup Replay for Free, I guess it's same for you because right now it's no way to root it. The pourcentage on the screen if I had to guess I think it's some chinese character that because of the font is not readable and so it's write something like that, try to make a research on google with the number . When did this number appear? Which action do you do?

5. Dorian Leger

Jun 17, 2014
    Where did you buy your MiBox ?

6. Dave272

Dave272Members

Apr 22, 2014
    Male
    I bought my box in Hong Kong. As far as I can remember the number percentage has always been there. I think I might have upgraded the firmware which apprarently you are not supposed to do. Also the number changes everytime I have it the box on, so it could be power, connectivity or storage. I can browse channels, but find some servers especially 289tv(?) are very hard to watch from.

7. Dorian Leger

Jun 17, 2014
    Normally upgrade your box shouldn't be a problem, the only think that can happen is that the "unlocked" will disappear but normally the box should still work normally, I upgrade yesterday and I dont have any problem with the Box (I don't use the Box so much because I already have the Xiaomi TV2 so it's less useful for me)

8. AndyD

AndyDMembers

Jun 21, 2014
    Female
    I would like to buy a MiBox, does anyone know if it has English language?

9. all miboxpro info can be found in this thread http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xiaomi-mi-box-pro-enhanced-edition.24532/
    to answer your question. No, the mibox is all in chinese. you can access the stock android behind the xiaomi software and set the stock android to english. from there it is possible to add other apps that will be in English. the original xiaomi apps will remain in chinese.

Denis

10. Dave272

Dave272Members

Apr 22, 2014
    Male
    I don't use the box now as much as I used to, but have just realised that whenever I use the rabbit launcher to choose apps, it returns back to the main menu...does anyone have this problem? and does anyone know why? I am still very curious about the percentage I get on my screen. I will try and take a screenshot next time.Its just bugging me that I don't know what it is.

Share Our Site