New Miu Redmi Note 4g Phone

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by lork40, Mar 7, 2015.

1. lork40

lork40Members

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I am just new to MIU Redmi note 4G and ordered this phone from the far east. I am really exited about the phone. This phone is well build and I am impressed about the quality. I installed Android V4.4.4 KTU84P , MIU V5.3.6| Beta
    Unfortunately I discovered that MIU wants to keep Google play out of this software as it is difficult to install Google Play store so far.
    I have been reading on this forum quite a lot but it is still not clear to me which version I could use the best.I also found out the difficulties about installing Google Play.
    Is somebody willing to advice me which version Rom version I could use the best, which version is stable, and which version is easy future proof concerning updates.
    I really appreciate any good advice.

2. Just do a complete wipe / factory reset and install the newest rom you find on this website. I am not sure if the Chinese apps are still there then, you can always do the wipe again and install the newest rom again.
    Here's the rom: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-3-27.27396/

Google play is included in these roms, you'd better use these instead of the ones you find on the official website.

3. lork40

lork40Members

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    Thank you for your response.
    If the Chinese apps are still there I can try to remove them. Hope this version is updated by OTA.
    To reinstall everything after a complete wipe/ factory reset is costing energy/time.

4. I don't receive them automatically, I just download them and put them on my phone, then select the update package using the updater app. I don't have to wipe or reset anything so all my apps and files stay were they are supposed to be.

Only when I upgraded from V5 to V6 I had to do a complete wipe.

Share Our Site