New Stable Version For The Mipad

Endogen

Members
Mar 11, 2012
Hi guys,

I have just seen that there was a new stable MIUI version released for the MiPad:
http://en.miui.com/thread-84948-1-1.html

I'm currently using the latest version from here, which is 5.2.13:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-2-13.27128/

The question is, since the versioning is kind of not clear to me, where are the differences between these two versions? And does the stable version have some features that the developer version misses?

Cheers,
Endo

Afaik the dev version is rooted, comes with the playstore and google services... The stable version does not and is unrooted. Also believe the dev version has better translations ('stable' and miui version have quite a bit of chinese text in dialogs and all).

Dev version is newer, and can be a bit more buggy at times. But overall for me there's no real reason to use the stable version as the dev version is very stable for me actually.

Afaik the dev version is rooted, comes with the playstore and google services... The stable version does not and is unrooted. Also believe the dev version has better translations ('stable' and miui version have quite a bit of chinese text in dialogs and all).

Dev version is newer, and can be a bit more buggy at times. But overall for me there's no real reason to use the stable version as the dev version is very stable for me actually.

Since I think around late 2014 to Jan 2015, the dev rom for mipad no longer has root. Sorry to disappoint! But rooting it isn't too tough. You can assume that the dev rom ALWAYS has more features than the stable rom. The only exception of course is maybe if you're comparing a super old dev rom vs a recently released stable rom, but who does that? I've never used a stable MIUI rom, as @FlipStone mentioned, the dev rom is quite stable... usually. Sometimes the accelerated weekly dev cycle does introduce bugs, thats just the way it works. Keep an eye out for user reports on a weekly basis, and dont jump on dev releases the day it comes out, and you should be able to manage your risk accordingly.

Thanks for the replies! I just got confused because of the versioning.

Stable ROM: 6.3.1.0
Dev ROM: 5.2.13

That's why i'm asking. The versioning is kind of weird...