New New to MIUI... having some difficulties with it!

Nov 8, 2012
I have the HTC Desire and just installed MIUI 2.10.12 Jelly Bean v2.7... I've been experiencing some persistent problems I'm not sure how to deal with....

* Can't get the iPhone theme** lockscreen to come on.... it's always the MIUI lockscreen (**iPhone iOS6 Theme for MIUI v4 (update august 17) by Malanore). Even though I have it checkmarked "lockscreen" when I apply the theme. I saw the MIUI iPhone theme lockscreen for ONE SECOND, once, while I was playing around with a Magic Locker iPhone lockscreen. It's much nicer than the Magic Locker lockscreen, so I would like to have it!

* Can't get Google Search OR Google Voice to work ("unfortunately, Google Search has stopped"). And yeah, I tried uninstalling Google Search via Titanium, and reinstalling it through the App market.

* VERY often when I tap on an icon on one of the screens, instead of opening, it causes the screen to shift left. I have to tap many times to get the app to open.

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
This is not our rom. We do not support MIUI v4 for Desire as there isn't one in official development. I suggest you should ask this questions over the XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1850436

As for second question about google search/voice, this is Jelly Bean port and there's Google Now that handles search/voice. And if your rom doesn't contain Google Now I suggest you could find Velvet.apk (Google Now) and put this file into /system/app in zip rom. Then install.

Or try flashing latest Gapps for Jelly Bean.