Newbee Questoin About Actual Situation 3rd Of November 2016

jeeachinto

Members
Nov 3, 2016
Hello,
I am new here, I just bought a Redmi Note 3 Pro, I have unlocked bootloader officially and installed the global developer. I wanna installa the xiaomi.eu but I am very confused about the versions.

Please can you give me some information about this?

1) About the OTA update: which one between weekly and stable has ota updates?
2) OTA update can be installed using the standard updater but I will have to download the full rom each time, is that right? Or TWRP is always needed to flash updates?
3) If I try to download a rom I see that KENZO is suspended. What it means? Is the KENZO support terminated or is it going to be terminated? If no what's the reason of the "suspended" status when it will be updated?
4) What's the actual version of MIUI and Android for the weekly and stable rom?
5) I think that I will install the ZCX TWRP in order to have the support of the encrypted partition data. Is it the right choice at the moment? In future I will be able to flash another custom recovery using fastboot as I will do this time?

Most of your questions I believe can be answered with the reddit xiaomi wiki.

Kenzo has been suspended for the last two weeks due to stability issues. Hopefully there will be a release for it tomorrow, if it is not suspended again.

Latest version of beta, before it was suspended (6.10.13) is marshmallow 6.0.1

I think the stable version is still on lollipop.

If you read the wiki linked you would have read: -

... on Xiaomi.eu you have to manually download and flash the update in TWRP every time you wish to update.

The OTA process is explained in the rom download links on this site. They are usually only available very seldom.

I read it on the reddit's page but in the download page here on xiaomi.eu I read this:

Some facts about OTA delay:
  • OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-1000MB)
  • Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
Anyway ok, no OTA updates.

Is the number 8 the MIUI's version of the weekly rom?

Have you any idea about the custom recovery's question?

Last edited:
I don't have encryption enable, because you need to wipe data before flashing when coming from official roms.

I used official TWRP and only temporarily boot Alka TWRP when I need full backups.
https://twrp.me/devices/redminote3.html
"fastboot boot <name of TWRP.img>"

You can change to what ever TWRP you want by flashing in fastboot or even installing a different recovery.img from within TWRP.

Yes it is MIUI 8.1

Ok. Does official TWRP need to patch some other things in the phone?
Or I can flash it only by fastboot in this way:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img​

Only need the SAFE TWRP versions if your staying on official rom as they need the patch.

Xiaomi.eu rom don't require that patch. So if you flash twrp and boot straight into it to flash this rom, you will be fine.

Your first fastboot command is permanent and actually puts TWRP on the device.
Your second is only temporarily booting TWRP and your device will revert to whatever recovery is on the device when you boot into it next time.

Ok, so at the moment I can install the standard TWRP using the fastboot and I will be able to boot Xiaomi.EU rom.

In future if I change my mind and I will need to come back to the standard MIUI's rom in order to have back the OTA update, I will be able to change the standard TWRP with another TWRP version that allows to use the MIUI rom without patching (such as for example ALKA or ZCX) Is that right?

Fastboot mode on the phone will be always available even if I flash TWRP, is that right?

There are no brick risk in replacing TWRP using the same fastboot procedure (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img), is that right?

Is it possible to replace the stock recovery? If yes, where can I download it?

Last edited:
Let me understand well... How I can flash back the Chinese ROM (standard MIUI)?
I will be able to use the Mi Flash tool by the EDL mode? Is it safe?

I know, I am sure that I will install the xiaomi.eu and I will use it without problem, anyway I wanna be sure to be able to come back to the MIUI in case I will need it.

From TWRP or using Mi Flash Tool? This will replace all in my phone?
I will have again the stock recovery and the bootloader locked, have I understood well?