No idea what I did?!?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by mrbkbox, Aug 15, 2014.

1. mrbkbox

mrbkboxMembers

Aug 15, 2014
    In-laws brought over mibox from overseas to watch here. I can't read chinese but I manage to set up the wifi set up and connected. Then i was fiddling with the settings. went into the mi icon...box re-reseted and show a little man fixing a android icon and now its only showing the icn menu selection. Apparently I must have updated it or factory reset. When i first turned it on there was two launchers. a mi icon and VTS icon. now its stuck on the icn menu without all the cool settings. Did the box came rooted and I fudged it up by doing a update? Is there a way to get them back? The box is for them and i just wanted to get it back the way it was.

Thanks in advance

mrbkbox

2. You might want to try to boot into the other system. Check in the other thread about the miboxpro about how to boot into recovery mode and select the other system

3. mrbkbox

mrbkboxMembers

Aug 15, 2014
    Thank you for the reply badmothergoose. i'll have to read up on it and give it a try over the weekend. hopefully i can get it back to the way it was.

4. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    #4Mahe,Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Does anyone know the exact method of how to boot to recovery mode for Mibox pro? Tried holding down home and option button then plugging to main, but does not seem to work.

5. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    Sorry, tried again. It does work. But now my box is stuck on version 1.3.44

Share Our Site