New [not a bug] POCO F3 Bluetooth headest status missing in notification bar

Kyrill

Members
May 24, 2021
When a bluetooth headest is connected, a status icon should be displayed in notification bar near the "bluetooth enabled" icon.
But it is missing
1621856094717.png

Hpwever, the icon is visible if I drop down the switches panel.
1621856094713.png

Tested on 12.5.12 and 12.5.20
I guess it has something to do with front camera hiding feature (disabled fo me), But in POCO F3 the camera hole is extremely small so there is plenty of space to display 2-3 additional icons

Upd: Not a bug, stock ROM behaves the same.

Last edited:
It is like that for me too on Mi Note 10. As far as I know, it is intended, and not a bug.

Hmm, if so, that's not a wise decision, I think. Why do you think this isn't a bug? Do you know where I could read anything about it?
For me, this icon is very important, because it
- informs, whether the headset is connected or not (away? lost? why is my music not playing from phone speaker?)
- desplays the battery status (have I. as always, forgotten to charge it and urgently need to plug the charger in before leaving home?)
It is definitely more important, than VoLTE icon or the bluetooth icon, so hiding it from the main notification area shold be at least optional and user-selectable in notificationb bar settings.
If this is not a bug, then maybe someone knows how to tweak it manually?

The Bluetooth icon already shows if the headset is connected, but I can see your point about the battery. I beg to differ about how important it is compared to the network speed or the Bluetooth icon.

Maybe you would need to ask it directly to Xiaomi on their forums.

Last edited:
Ok, got it.
I doubt this is Xiaomi thing, I guess on stock ROM the icon is always visible, but i'm not sure, because I only used stock ROM for 2 weeks only. (On my old MI5 the icon is always visible).
Can anybody confirm, how it works on stock F3 ROM?

On your MI5 you have MIUI 12.6 when you compare it ? https://streamable.com/6vjlur
Certainly not, I just talked about my own positive user experience.
I was unsure about F3 stock ROM. I checked with other users and confirm: the stock ROM behavior is the same.
So, this subject shouldn't be considered a bug and is not expected to be corrected by xiaomi.eu team.

I still hope someone from the team could notice this and make a user option to make this icon persistent :)