Note 4x: How To Flash Eu Rom?

Peter Fritsche

Members
Apr 24, 2016
Hi all,

I just received my Note 4X with MIUI Global stable 8.2.2.0 ROM. TWRP 3.0.3 (thanks to cofface) and lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip are successfully installed and available.

Through reading few threads I'm very unsure to flash XIAOMI.eu dev ROM. I'd like to change to this one, because of Android 7 and the quality and support from XIAOMI.eu ROM's which I kow from my former Redmi 3 Pro.

Does anyone successfully flashed EU ROM? How did you do it?

Thanks for your reply
Peter

Hmm, nobody running EU on Note 4X? O.K. than I'll give up and wait until working process/ROM is available.

THX
Peter

PS: is there any chance to separate the threads for Note 4 and Note 4X?

Hi Peter,

Today I have successfully flashed the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm with the Xiaom.eu Weekly ROM. Here is how I did it:
1) Unlocked the bootloader.
2) Booted into fastboot mode (volume DOWN) and installed TWRP (mido) with adb.
Used commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot reboot (hold volume UP)

3) After booting into TWRP, choose for Wipe > Format Data.
4) After that go to Advanced > ADB sideload and sideload the update.zip file. Don't forget to Wipe Dalvik Cache and Wipe Cache.
Used command:
adb sideload update.zip

5) After installation, go back to Wipe and choose Factory Reset.
6) Reboot System.

Normally the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm and Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X can run the same ROM because they have the same codename (mido).

Good luck!

Reactions: avo016
Hi gadgetstore00,

meanwhile I found this http://en.miui.com/thread-565784-1-1.html. Unfortunately I've to go for next 4 weeks to work in Hungary. During this time I'll not risk to break my phone :)

I'll give it a try when I'm back.

Thanks a lot for your detailed description ;-)

I'll give a feedback in 4 weeks
Peter
Hello! If you have a problem with the phone in the next 4 weeks, check out miui.hu website! You will find helpful members in the forum :)

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 4 eszközömről

I have recently received and unlocked my Redmi Note 4 global edition and done the same as gadgetstore00. I have now flashed mido weekly rom, version 7.4.20. No extensive testing done just yet, but everything appears to be working correctly. Thanks gadgetstore00, much appreciated.

...I flshed successfully original developer ROM with Android 7 with fastboot method. Then I flashed TWRP and lazyflasher again and ...it's bricked :mad:
Tried last two days to get it into EDL (Tespoint method) but it's recognized as "HS-USB 900E" instead of "QDLoader 9008"

Any idea how to fix it? Me not... Deepflash did not work, no chance to go into fastboot or other mode using power an volume...:(

CU
Peter

Hi Peter, did you succesfully unlock the bootloader before flashing?
Can you go into fastboot with volume down and power on?

Last edited:
Hi Peter, did you succesfully unlock the bootloader before flashing?
Can you go into fastboot with volume down and power on?

Hi gadgetstore00,

the mobile is completely dead. The Bootloader was shown as "unlocked" before I flashed the DEV-ROM. Without TWRP everything worked fine for 2 weeks. But unfortunately I wanted to have TWRP :(

I opened the mobile and tried to set it to EDL, red LED was flshing and it was recognised as "HS-USB Diagnostic 900E". What I need to flash with MiFlash is "HS-USB QDLoader 9008" instead...

Hi Peter,

to recover your device, I advise you to flash the fastboot ROM for your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X with the XiaomiFlash tool.

If your device is connected with your PC as HS-USB Diagnostic 900E, go to Device Manager > Don't search I will choose the driver to install > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Look for the manufacturer "Qualcomm Incorporated" > Choose the latest "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" driver from there and install it. After installation, the device will be seen as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 device and can now be flashed with the XiaomiFlash tool.

You need an unlocked bootloader and TWRP if you want to install the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Good luck!

Hi gadgetstore00,

thanks for your advise, now it's recognized as QDLoader 9008 :)

MiFlash finds it on COM 3, but when trying to flash I get:

[0,02 COM3]:[COM3]:start flash.
[0,02 COM3]:received hello packet
[0,02 COM3]:donwload programmer C:\Users\Peter\Downloads\Note_4X\mido_global_images_7.2.24_20170224.0000.00_7.0_global_8062a175a0\mido_global_images_7.2.24_20170224.0000.00_7.0_global\images\prog_emmc_firehose_8953_ddr.mbn
[0,02 COM3]:sahara read end error with status:9
[0,02 COM3]:sahara read end error with status:9

after pressing refresh and flash again I get:

[0,00 COM3]:[COM3]:start flash.
[2,05 COM3]:cannot receive hello packet,MiFlash is trying to reset status!
[4,62 COM3]:cannot receive hello packet,MiFlash is trying to reset status!
[7,20 COM3]:try to reset status.
[7,20 COM3]:Switch mode back
[7,20 COM3]:cannot receive hello packet,MiFlash is trying to reset status!
[7,20 COM3] Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

Do you have any idea?

CU
Peter

Hi,

Is it possible to go into fastboot mode with volume down and power button?
If yes, use commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot reboot-edl

Then press refresh in XiaomiFlash Tool and try again to flash the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X fastboot ROM.

Hello,

if you are connected with your PC in EDL mode, press volume up + volume down + power button at the same time untill you feel a short vibration. Then try to flash your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X again.

I hope this will work now.

Hi gadgetstore00,

I assume to be in EDL :rolleyes:

What I've done so far:

1. Open the mobile case for testpoint short cut
2. remove battery connection
3. short cut test points
4. input USB cable
5. open short cut
6. reconnect battery

result:
- LED red blinking
- mobile recognized by PC

In this state I pressed Vol+, VOL- and Power, no vibrating, but LED stops blinking but mobile still recognized by PC :(

Hi gadgetstore00,

I assume to be in EDL :rolleyes:

What I've done so far:

1. Open the mobile case for testpoint short cut
2. remove battery connection
3. short cut test points
4. input USB cable
5. open short cut
6. reconnect battery

result:
- LED red blinking
- mobile recognized by PC

In this state I pressed Vol+, VOL- and Power, no vibrating, but LED stops blinking but mobile still recognized by PC :(

Red blinking is signal for edl mode and you Can flash with miflash

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

Here are some things you can try:
  • Make sure that there are no spaces left in the directory link to the fastboot ROM.
  • Place the fastboot ROM file directly on your C-drive.
  • Use the latest version of the MiFlash tool or try different versions of the MiFlash tool (use Google to find these different versions).
  • Choose "Clean all" in the MiFlash tool.
  • You can also use the .bat files (example: flash_all.bat) instead of using the MiFlash tool to flash the fastboot ROM. These .bat files can be found in the extracted ROM folder.
  • You can try to use a Deep Flash Cable. Use Google to get more information about a Deep Flash Cable and how you can make a Deep Flash Cable by yourself.
I hope one of these tips can help you to recover your Xiaomi smartphone.

Hi gadgetstore00,

unfortunately I'm not at home until end of next week. I'll try to get everything up and running on my work Laptop but...
At least I'll try it when I'm back end of next week and give a feedback asap.

Thanks again
Peter

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Rudi Filipe,

thanks for this, but the device is completely dead. I'm not able to start anything (system, recovery or fastboot)

CU
Peter

Phone can charge? If yes, charge it, and after use a modified usb cable, create it or buy, to enter phone in edl and flash it with miflash... search magic cable

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk