Note 9 Pro GPS issue

Lagijax

Members
Jul 7, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have bought brand new Note 9 Pro (MIUI Global 11.0.1 Stable / Android 10 QKQ1.191215.002).
I am quite satisfied with my new phone BUT there is a gamebreaking catch.
I have no GPS fix or GPS is located after enormous time (about 10 minutes or more).
I tried if its some kind of problem of waze, but when I switched to google maps - the problem persist. In Ingress Prime or Pokemon Go there is no issue with gps location at all.
When I searched for this problem - the most frequent solution was - 1) just turn off battery saver, 2) change permissions of location to "always", 3) automaticly startup - well nothing helped at all.
In my total frustruation I was forced to do a factory reset which - you guessed it - did not help at all.
I also tried to use GPS test - I saw about 30 satelites (In view) but non of them "In Use".
I am open to your advices.
Best regards

Martin

p.s. sorry for my terrible english

Hello everyone,
I have bought brand new Note 9 Pro (MIUI Global 11.0.1 Stable / Android 10 QKQ1.191215.002).
I am quite satisfied with my new phone BUT there is a gamebreaking catch.
I have no GPS fix or GPS is located after enormous time (about 10 minutes or more).
I tried if its some kind of problem of waze, but when I switched to google maps - the problem persist. In Ingress Prime or Pokemon Go there is no issue with gps location at all.
When I searched for this problem - the most frequent solution was - 1) just turn off battery saver, 2) change permissions of location to "always", 3) automaticly startup - well nothing helped at all.
In my total frustruation I was forced to do a factory reset which - you guessed it - did not help at all.
I also tried to use GPS test - I saw about 30 satelites (In view) but non of them "In Use".
I am open to your advices.
Best regards

Martin

p.s. sorry for my terrible english

Give this a try. Look for the 'compass' app and check if it is calibrated, if not, follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate it. After calibrated the compass, check if GPS can be fixed faster.

Give this a try. Look for the 'compass' app and check if it is calibrated, if not, follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate it. After calibrated the compass, check if GPS can be fixed faster.
Well it did not help :/

I looked closely to the problem and it seems the greatest issue is quite simple - the gps of the phone simply ignoring galileo satelites and because of that the gps fix is slow as snail.
Really do not understand why Galileos are not "supported" - europeans are impoverished from fast gps.
I would like to see some patch coming that enables it

I looked closely to the problem and it seems the greatest issue is quite simple - the gps of the phone simply ignoring galileo satelites and because of that the gps fix is slow as snail.
Do you have a source for that explanation, or any other details? That's very interesting. Is it prevalent for Xiaomi phones?

I have a GPS fix fast, even though the phone really ignores the Galileo satellites.