Note 9 pro Theme store crash

I have the same issue just today, all of a sudden the theme app keeps on crashing. I tried wiping to restore factory and all but still can't make it work. I lost all my data just for this. Anyone know what's going on please shed us some light here. Thanks!

An explanation of this problem is needed ab general problem, shouldn't we use the same explanation for everyone?

11.0.11 versiyon

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshuaPau
My redmi 8 and redmi 8a are crashed, which are running latest stable eu MIUI 11, did factory reset but no hope

Same here. Joyeuse with 11.0.4 and Themes app keeps crashing if I try to change any tone or when I try to check any custom content

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-03-00-04-36-003_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-03-00-04-36-003_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 365
He means that you have to turn off mobile and WiFi network. Just tried it and it works but as soon as you turn them on again it goes back to crashing again.
At least there's a way ;)

Reactions: AdemOyuklu
Unfortunately it's just a temporary solution... it crashes again after some while. Maybe it's 'theme related', I don't know, I should test this a little longer.

Hi, on my joyeuse the theme app is working, i mean is starting, it shows me some themes he picked for me, i'm able to download any theme, apply it, everything with the themes is working to me, but when i pick the wallpapers tab, it starts to show them, and then immediately it crashes. I tried to reinstall wallpaper carousel, but nothing, still crashes. And i read here that more people with 11.0.7.0 x.eu have problems with this app. Can some dev make an update to solve this problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-21-22-05-20-918_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-21-22-05-20-918_com.android.settings.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: ejaylennon
Turning off data/wifi to apply your already downloaded themes is the only workaround so far. Yeah, hopefully this will be fixed.

The only way I got the app working is downloading the "GetApps" app from here:

Then, as an optional step, you can change your region to "India" or not, to get the Theme app update and other apps update without any problems. You'll notice some good changes.

And well, it worked as today without crashes :3

Wow, this seems to work again. The theme manager updated. Hopefully this will stay this way. Thanks a lot, Vicl89!

One downside... it does not support 3rd party themes, which the previous theme manager did. The workaround for this however, is to use the MIUI Theme Editor from the Play store.

Last edited:
Wow, this seems to work again. The theme manager updated. Hopefully this will stay this way. Thanks a lot, Vicl89!

One downside... it does not support 3rd party themes, which the previous theme manager did. The workaround for this however, is to use the MIUI Theme Editor from the Play store.
You can change the region to India if you want to use 3rd party themes without any problems. Please try this way and tell me if it worked for you.

Thanks, I did that, but it doesn't support them. But with the workaround (and my region set to my own region) they work fine. This is better than to switch off data each time I want to change the theme :)

Reactions: vicl89
Thanks, I did that, but it doesn't support them. But with the workaround (and my region set to my own region) they work fine. This is better than to switch off data each time I want to change the theme :)
That's nice :3 well, I hope they fix it soon with the next update, I'm on global Joyeuse and I'm still waiting for MIUI 12 :(

Reactions: dio_yahoo
Yes, me too. Not sure why I would want to switch to MIUI 12 though... my battery life is great and I'm a bit worried it will be not as good with MIUI 12. Besides, what are the advantages of 12 (apart from the wallpaper)?

Reactions: vicl89
Yes, me too. Not sure why I would want to switch to MIUI 12 though... my battery life is great and I'm a bit worried it will be not as good with MIUI 12. Besides, what are the advantages of 12 (apart from the wallpaper)?
Mostly UI improvements and new features. You can try some of the MIUI12 apps features installing the APK vía ADB, enabling "Install via USB" in developer mode to make it work.

Reactions: dio_yahoo
Hi, what region did you set to start 3rd party themes working?