Notification bar, control centre, and lockscreen gone after magisk module installation

Fjolfrin

Members
Oct 3, 2021
Hello there

So I installed a magisk module (I foolishly believed I could force enable the Widevine L1 certification through that module they made for the Poco F1) and everything went to hell.
After I installed the module, the notification bar and control centre were gone, the space on the top of the screen was empty and I couldn't pull down anything, the lockscreen along with fingerprint and face unlock were gone, as well as the tap-to-lock functionality.
The same thing happened when I tried to install an apk for the UI-plugin that enables the media player on the control centre thing.

It happened to me two times now, and since I couldn;'t reverse it by factory reseting the phone or installing a stable apk (to my knowledge) I installed the EU ROM from scratch. Forgot to mention that I run the MIUI 12.5.1 EU ROM on my Mi 8.

Do you have any idea why this happens? An also do you know which app I could install in a stable version so I could fix this problem if it happened again?
Cheers!