Notifications Aren't Arriving

Crazyxijan

Members
Oct 6, 2016
Am i the only one who doesn't get notifications when Yahoo email arrives ?

Like i even forced it to auto start, didn't restrict any of its activities into battery settings, priority set as well, light, vibration and sound also on and noting.

My xiaomi mi4c gets notifications same settings as above even battery restrictions are ON !

Reactions: antigravity
I have the same problem with a multitude of apps like clash Royale, timehop and others.
Mi5s em 7.1.12

Skickat från min MI 5s via Tapatalk

Had that problem in the ROM before, too. There I fixed it by deactivating the "MIUI-Optimizations" in the developer settings.
Now the sync worked only after activating them again. So I'm not sure if it's the same problem.

I have that problem on my newly arrived MI 5s as well. It is not so much a problem of sync but rather of app notifications which are sent via GCM. The app I realized that with was Threema.

I followed these five steps from forbes.com

how-to-fix-push-notifications-on-xiaomis-miui-8-for-real/&refURL=&referrer=#668c7a0d4e1b

(sorry, not yet allowed to post links)
but still had to set Threema to "Polling". I hope this can be fixed in the future.

Had that problem in the ROM before, too. There I fixed it by deactivating the "MIUI-Optimizations" in the developer settings.
Now the sync worked only after activating them again. So I'm not sure if it's the same problem.

It isn't the same problem

Yeah have the same problem, was working fine before previous updates but now I'm not receiving notifications for a few apps.

Thinking of reverting back to 6.12.22 seemed to be the most 'stable' for me lol

Mi5s Plus

Enabled autostart in security app for those apps? And locked in the RAM?

~Tapatalk Mi5~

In my case these were only two of five steps. This is copied from the website mentioned above. Credits go to him.
Code:
1: Go to settings --> manage apps' battery usage --> choose apps. From there, pick all the apps you want to receive push notifications and select "No restrictions."

2: Go to settings --> permissions --> autostart. From there, pick the apps you want to receive notifications, and toggle the switch to turn it on.

3: Go to settings --> app notifications --> pick the apps you want to receive notifications, then turn the toggle for "Priority" on.

4: Lock the app in the "recent apps"/ "app overview" plane. Do so by first opening the apps, then press the "recent apps/overview button" (that's the square button on stock Android, or the button with three horizontal lines on the Mi Mix). From there, find the app you want to receive notifications, pull down on it to "lock it", so it never gets cleared.

5: This last step requires Developer Options privileges. To enable that, go to settings (man... I'm getting tired of typing "go to settings" ...) --> about phone
--> tap on MIUI version tab like eight times. You should then get a little message saying "you are now a developer." Then head back out to settings, go to developer option, scroll to nearly the bottom, find "memory optimization," and turn it off.

Still this does no good on Threema. I need Polling. GCM Notifications do not come through.

For me that seams to work out pretty well. I will keep you posted. I still haven't activated the setting again as all of a sudden all kinds of notifications started pouring in.

Reactions: WJnr_
Switched off MIUI optimizations didn't help my Threema.
So I turned them back on (figured they might do some good to other apps after all) and put Threema into Polling mode.

Today I flashed 7.1.19 and gave it a try. even with MIUI optimizations still on, every single notification goes through. No matter if the display was off for a second or an hour. It just works here (with "my" five steps from above)!

I'm happy. Are you?

Whatever that one-word post of yours meant... Yes. Threema. I'm an encryption fan. Now it works like a charm. Since Threema uses GCM for push notifications, the notification problem should also be solved with other apps e.g. Signal.

Switched off MIUI optimizations didn't help my Threema.
So I turned them back on (figured they might do some good to other apps after all) and put Threema into Polling mode.

Today I flashed 7.1.19 and gave it a try. even with MIUI optimizations still on, every single notification goes through. No matter if the display was off for a second or an hour. It just works here (with "my" five steps from above)!

I'm happy. Are you?

Yahoo mail doesn't arrive only