Official Stable V8.2.3.0.nxkcnec (miui8) Based On Android 7

People, I have in my mi4c the stable version 8.2.1 of xiaomi.eu (version 5.1.1 lollipop).I saw today that there is already version 8.2.3 (version 7.0 Nougat). My question is if I make the normal update via TWRP as I have always done or will I have to do otherwise?

I have the same question of Andreax31.

I've inmy MI4C the last stable ( 8.2.1.0 ), so How I can upgrade to the 8.2.3.0 without lost anythink ?

Reactions: Andreax31
@Virusek90 But I already have the bootloader unlocking done and the recovery twrp installed ... just the same to be like this? If I did the way you explained, do not I lose my data?

Enviado do meu Redmi 3S através de Tapatalk

@Virusek90 But I already have the bootloader unlocking done and the recovery twrp installed ... just the same to be like this? If I did the way you explained, do not I lose my data?

Enviado do meu Redmi 3S através de Tapatalk
This is like another update. It differs only by installing new TWRP. So the data does not lose.

I am still confused!

- If I install Nougat over Lollipop (both stable) do I have to "wipe/data" ?
- Do I have to install the new TWRP before this update or afterwards (for future updates)?
- Will it lock the bootloader after this update (as stated above), so it will work fine till the next update?
... or it needs the new TWRP to install the N?

regards...

P.S. To my knowledge when you change system (i.e. Nougat for Lollipop) you have to delete everything! The apps get confused...

Install via updater app...no wipes needed...after install unlock bootloader again....install TWRP for Android 7...only need to unlock once after upgrading....

Thank you,

I followed these steps and everything is fine! I am on Nougat 7 (8.2.3) now and TWRP 3.0.3.
No data lost and all apps working fine!

P.S. Unlocking is made easy now (not as used to be last summer)!

Reactions: iamme729

The procedure is explained above, but I will repeat it in details:

- download the corresponding zip file for 8.2.3 version and Mi4C (libra) on xiaomi.eu
- put it on the main storage directory of phone
- We suppose here that you have unlocked phone with TWRP installed. Disable the login pattern (I am not sure if this is necessary)
- Next go to settings/About phone/System updates and on the 3 dots up-right choose "choose update package"
- Select the zip archive you just downloaded
- It will reboot to recovery (TWRP) and install the new ROM
- You are done! All your data and apps should be working... You will not see much difference in the UI and settings!
- Now the TWRP is lost and for future updates you should unlock the bootloader again and install it.
- This is done easily: You check en.miui.com for the unlocking software. You download it on PC and follow directions there to unlock the phone. If you have done it before, it will be straight forward and done in seconds.
- Now with unlocked bootloader, install the new TWRP (3.0.3 or above) for future updates. For this, I imagine you have done in the past and you should follow the same procedure within adb environment.

You can check the new version if you go to "About phone" and hit on the software version several times

A simple question: what are main differences between stable 8.2.1 Lollipop based and new 8.2.3 Nougat based ? THX

A simple question: what are main differences between stable 8.2.1 Lollipop based and new 8.2.3 Nougat based ? THX

practically none!
...but is the new nougat kernel, so I would expect improved CPU performance, memory handling and battery life (hopefully)!

I noticed that after update to 8.2.3 - long press on home button doesn't launch Google Now anymore... When at Settings -> Additional Settings -> Buttons set to launch Google Now at long press...

Fortunately I read the forum in my opinion they should put near the roms, a twrp warning because otherwise it creates chaos, then my mi4c with twrp 3.0.2 pounds install the last rom, then I have to check if it is locked then reinstall the new twrp From which to install future updates ... I hope I understand it well. Now I read a good thing before making any mistakes

I've installed it and seems normal, I have to test battery will give info soon.
I was on 8.2.1.0 EU, i put phone on fastboot flashed via mipc suite 8.2.3.0 china, ublocked bootloader via miunlock, flashed twrp flashed EU rom without problem,

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

I have the same question of Andreax31.

I've inmy MI4C the last stable ( 8.2.1.0 ), so How I can upgrade to the 8.2.3.0 without lost anythink ?
Do a micloud backup, put phone in fastboot mode and start mipc suit, instal v8.2.3.0 stable china, it will wipe everything and lock bootloader, start the phone log with mi account in developer options enable oem unlock, put in fastboot start miunlock tool v2 unlock, flash twrp, flash v8.2.3.0eu stable

You need xiaomi request approved to unlock)

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

I've been able to play everything, updated twrp, updated system, fast from china to allow me to unlock what to say, thank you very much and will give you future attention in the updates thanks again

Hi guys,

My Mi4c is currently on EU ROM V8.2.1.0. I'm thinking of moving to V8.2.3.0 but i've read alot of issues on the miui forum.

Are these issues still present on the EU ROM?
- google play waiting for wifi bug
- gps not working issue
- tethering issue