Open Xiaomi MI3 - How?!

Edo Yehezkel

Members
Feb 18, 2014
Hey,
I just saw the teardown pictures,I got confused after I removed the 2 screws that were on the sim tray,After that how the hell I take the back plate?!
By mistake I even ruined part that connect the phone to the black plate by mistake then I gave up,
Is there any video of teardown of that device?

there's no video yet, but i did not understood what have you ruined.
please attach some photos of the disassembled phone.
you needed to take two screws out, and pull apart the back cover, it hold itself by a snap on, nothing too complicated.

there's no video yet, but i did not understood what have you ruined.
please attach some photos of the disassembled phone.
you needed to take two screws out, and pull apart the back cover, it hold itself by a snap on, nothing too complicated.
Hey,
Thanks for the quick response,
I took out the 2 screws and then how I can pull it to open the back cover?
I tried to open it by touching the place where the simtray located and pull it but nothing,Then I tried with a tool to open it and that made the place that the black cover connects to the screen to be a little cramped,How the hell I can open the back cover >< I dont want to ruin it more.

I don't have a Mi3, but I do have a picture for you
a9a8apet.jpg

I don't have a Mi3, but I do have a picture for you
Hey,
Thanks for the picture.
Unfortunalty its still not helping me as I cant understand from where I should pull it in order to take it off,From the picture its looks like you pull it from where the usb connector but I remember that I tried and no luck on it,Right now the phone is on a lab and the lab doesnt even trying to fix it yet,Just delaying me so tommrow I will go there and take the phone and try again to replace the screen by my self but I still doesnt have any idea on how to open it >< :(

Opened it,
Took the screws,Took the motherboard out,Disconnected everything possible and there no way to remove the battery dock in order to get to the frame of the screen and put the new screen on it,Its impossible to replace the screen for that model ;( Had to send it back to china and now to wait more 1 month to get it fixed by the company I bought from..
Oh xiaomi..Why you didnt did it simple like Xiaomi MI2