Original Xiaomi Recovery Starts Instead Of Twrp Recovery

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Mix 2' started by Christian Melcher, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Christian Melcher

Oct 12, 2017
    Hopefully someone can help me!?

I bougt the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, a georgeous phone!

1. I unlocked the bootloader. No Problem!
    2. I installed the Xiaomi twrp chiron by fastboot. No Problem!
    3. I solved the Problem with the encrypted storage! Yes!!!
    4. I started twrp out of fastboot mode and flashed the Image 7.9.22 from a usb-stick and it works! Wonderful!

But I can´t boot directly into twrp with power button and volume up button. In this combination the original Xiaomi Recovery is starting!!! You can´t do anything with this recovery instead of wipe.The phone doesnt start into twrp with this key shortcut. The only possibility is to start twrp from fastboot mode. Does anyone has a solution for this Problem? Is twrp the Problem? Did I make a mistake?
  2. b0wtie

Jul 26, 2015
    That is very strange. As far as I know, there is only one recovery partition. The recovery on this partition is booted, when you press Power + Vol Up.
    This would mean, the original recovery is still installed.

I have come this way:
    - waited 3 f***in days :)
    - unlocked bootloader
    - flashed TWRP (the one with all the translation issues) via this command:
     adb flash recovery filename.img 
    - installed xiaomi.eu ROM

later I updated the Iceman recovery via the official TWRP app.

I can "reboot to recovery" from the updater app or Titanium Backup as well as Power + Vol Up into TWRP.

So, bringing it all together: try flashing Iceman's via "adb flash recovery"
  3. Tones1971

Apr 15, 2011
    This happened to me too. When i was moving to Global Rom, i installed TWRP and flashed rom, but it always booted to original recovery. No idea why.

When i decided to install EU rom i flashed TWRP again, and it works now, again no idea why!
  4. Edgarbv

Nov 1, 2017
    Happened to me too, I have no idea why. So I reflashed, reinstalled eu rom and then no problem.

Share Our Site