OTA Mi 10 Ultra (Miui 12.0.15)

Ryskle

Members
Jan 31, 2021
Hello,

I'm new to Xiaomi world, and i want to understand some points :

I have a Xiaomi 10 Ultra with MIUI 12.0.15.QJJCNXM Stable by xiaomi.eu installed by the Trandingshenzen + TWRP 3.4.2b-0623 wzsx150

Today i received an OTA notification for the update to 12.1.1.0.RJJCNXM

I need some answers to understand how Xiaomi world works :

1-What is my rom exactly ? official, no-official, fan-build ...

2-Base on the first question, the OTA i recevied is Official also or other variant (no-official, Fan-build) ?

3-As i have a custom recovery and unlocked bootloader, the OTA can be installed on my phone or it will brick my phone ?

4-If answer to question 3 is yes(OTA Installed), am i loosing the TWRP or not ? (Important question)

5-If answer to 3 is No, how can go get OTA updated ? (maybe flashing a full rom will be a solution, this will make me loosing all data ? and TWRP also ? )

Last one 6-which are official/Stable roms available for the Mi 10 ULTRA beside chinese orignal one ?

Thanks a lot guys for your understanding and your help.

Regards,

Hello there! :)

1. Xiaomi.eu ROMs are No-Officials / fan-made MIUI ROMs

2. You can install OTA updates; System Updater will find and download the latest xiaomi.eu ROM version for your device

3. You need to keep your bootloader unlocked if you want to use xiaomi.eu ROMs. Custom Recovery is also required for installing xiaomi.eu ROMs (and for the system Updater too)

4. Xiaomi.eu ROMs will install a TWRP version (chosen by xiaomi.eu devs) so you will still have a custom Recovery after ROM installation/update

5. The xiaomi.eu system Updater will always download a full ROM, no "small" OTA ROMs exist here

6. There is no Official Stable ROM other than the China Stable ROM (Mi 10 Ultra is only officially sold in China)

;)

Reactions: kiZzn and Ryskle
Hello there! :)

1. Xiaomi.eu ROMs are No-Officials / fan-made MIUI ROMs

2. You can install OTA updates; System Updater will find and download the latest xiaomi.eu ROM version for your device

3. You need to keep your bootloader unlocked if you want to use xiaomi.eu ROMs. Custom Recovery is also required for installing xiaomi.eu ROMs (and for the system Updater too)

4. Xiaomi.eu ROMs will install a TWRP version (chosen by xiaomi.eu devs) so you will still have a custom Recovery after ROM installation/update

5. The xiaomi.eu system Updater will always download a full ROM, no "small" OTA ROMs exist here

6. There is no Official Stable ROM other than the China Stable ROM (Mi 10 Ultra is only officially sold in China)

;)
Thanks for the reply and you time

Reactions: Poney70