OTA Updater Not Working

jamesxplorer

Members
Jun 30, 2013
I'm using Miui-3.6.28 on Mi-2A.

When I go into the Updater App, Check for updates, I get no prompt to update.

Is there a setting or permission somewhere I need to set?

I know I could do this manually but would be cool to take advantage of the OTA feature.

Thanks, James

I'm using Miui-3.6.28 on Mi-2A.

When I go into the Updater App, Check for updates, I get no prompt to update.

Is there a setting or permission somewhere I need to set?

I know I could do this manually but would be cool to take advantage of the OTA feature.

Thanks, James

its set only for multilang builds....

Ahh, I'm not sure why I chose the English build - is there any reason why I shouldn't just use the multi-language builds?

Thanks for your help

Hi there,

This is my first post, so I am sorry if I sound like a noob, but I've been searching for teh past week w/o finding an answer so I'd be greatfull if someone shed some light here.

Just got a Xiaomi MI3W, and for whatever reason ( I guess it's just new) came very buggy. I have been trying to flash new MIUI roms, both official and unofficial, older, newer, development and even stock, and using the updater or OTA just crashes (app closes) , if using recovery after installing I get the "error applying update" message, and if I use Miflash, the update never applies. I have a hint that it may be due to signature check, but I cannot find any custom recovery for the Mi3, and I do not know how to disable it.
On top of that the rest of the apps just keep crashing, so although It looks like a very powerful phone, I will end up using it to chop onions if i keep like this :)

Any help will be appreciated.

Also, just mention that gapps are not working either. I'm pretty sure that maybe related to teh Google framework, but if suggesting downloading ROM manager from Gplay won't help....

Last edited: