OTG Backup

KristenVR

Members
Sep 2, 2018
On my Mi Max 3 (8.8.9 xiaomi.eu) under Additional Settings / Backup and Restore I don't see an option for Backup using USB. I have a flash drive connected with an OTG cable. I see the option for "local" backup, and for "MiCloud" backup, but not USB. My phone sees the flash drive I have connected. What am I missing?

What r u talkin about? there is no way you can directly backup to otg.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Make a local backup, some applications are not allowed, for these use titanium backup for example, copy the miui/allbackup and titanium folders of your phone through usb to your pc. You already have a copy of data and applications. Then simply copy the folders to your sdcard and restore through local backup and titanium. If you want a full backup, you must do it through the recovery and copy the twrp folder to your PC.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: cobben
Thank you nuvul. I had read an article on the Xiaomi Global site Mi Max 3 forum called "OTG Backup", but I couldn't see the settings shown in the picture in that article. I will follow your advice and use titanium backup.

but be careful, you should also use the local backup of the phone for your personal data, such as configurations for example, not only titanium.

anyway, if you look for information, you can make a backup via adb. Search in google, backup adb commands, but it is more easier in miui as I have explained.

Last edited: