pc does not recognize device on fastboot

Mituga1

Members
Nov 29, 2020
hello good morning,

I was running latest Xiaomi EU rom MI10_V12.2.2.0 on twrp 3.4.2b, rom was running fine. I restarted the phone and then it stuck in fastboot...
when connecting to the pc says Device Descriptor Request Failed.
I tried to update the drivers but I'm not able to since the VID and PID are not correct. can someone help?
I've forced the driver install but nothing changed.

Can someone help please?

Last edited:
Try another pc to see if it's drivers on that one. Or may be open the device manager in Windows, plug it in, note what the device is being recognised as and then right click and delete it and the driver. Unplug and plug back in after a pc reboot and try again. Worth a try? Was your driver installation done with an install manager? If so, uninstall the package, reboot and try again.

Hi,

I've tried 3 different computers and one of them with windows 7, without success.
I just need the correct driver to force the install.
The device descriptor is blank so windows is unable to identify the device.
I've tried some drivers I found online but none of them seem to work.
If somebody is able to share the correct driver I think I'll be able to solve this issue.

Hi,

I've tried 3 different computers and one of them with windows 7, without success.
I just need the correct driver to force the install.
The device descriptor is blank so windows is unable to identify the device.
I've tried some drivers I found online but none of them seem to work.
If somebody is able to share the correct driver I think I'll be able to solve this issue.
Try the tool on this page

Reactions: Mituga1 and biscoot
hi,

When I connect to the PC, unknown device appears "device descriptor failure"
when clicking on the device at events appears
"Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&8979e7d&0&2 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match"
problem is that the MI 10 is not recognized perhaps because USB \ VID_0000 & PID_0002 is not the correct

thanks.

Hey guys,

I think I found the solution with a Windows registry hack, but I need the correct vid and pid values to be able to try it.
Can someone please check the vid and pid values and share them here?

Thanks

Hi, here are the 3 different IDs. Normal booted system, recovery and fastboot as they all show as different items in Windows. See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• System.JPG
    System.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,716
  • Recovery.JPG
    Recovery.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,838
  • Fastboot.JPG
    Fastboot.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 2,093
Reactions: Mituga1