Phone consumes 56% overnight + POLL

How much does your Xiaomi MI2(S) consume overnight?

• 15-30%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-50%

• >50%

• Total voters

ZoXoR

Members
May 22, 2013
Hi,

My Xiaomi MI2S Phone (32GB) consumes about 50% battery overnight. When I bought this phone, this was closer to 5%.

Even when I:
- disable Bluetooth
- disable GPS
- disable WiFi
- put phone in flightmode
- turn off screen

my phone still consumes 56% in 8h time.

Screenshot:
2013-08-30 06.50.47.png

Does anybody else have this issue?

I have this problem with the MIUI Android ROM, with Marvin's ROM and with the official MIUI ROM (from en.miui.com).

I even have this problem when I reinstall my phone (no userdata and no user apps installed) and when no no accounts are linked to the smarthpone.

ZoXoR

Members
May 22, 2013
OK I will do that. Would it be more useful if I completely wipe my phone and only then make such a dump? That way the problem is anyway still reproduced, but it at least doesn't contain redundant information about one of my apps fooling around (which would be a secondary problem to solve)?

Feb 8, 2013
Well, you could try a fullwipe without restoring your MIUI Backup for a night. Just the default system without anything. When the drain dissapears, it hast something to do with an app you use.

Jun 9, 2013
as vivalasven said an app drains your battery as hell
BetterBatteryStats is a great app (kudos to the developer), but you may also try wakelock detector from play store since it has a more "user friendly" interface and tells you exactly which app causes your problem

May 22, 2013
So,

- I have done a full wipe (using CMW: factory reset/wipe data + wipe cache + wipe dalvik cache + reflesahed miuiandroid_aries_jb-3.9.6.zip)
- I have not entered any accounts (no Xiaomi/Google account)
- I did restore any data, so I had no user apps. I did not even restore my alarm.
- Disabled Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, Data connection
- Put phone in Power Saving (using the toggles)
- Put phone in Flightmode
- Restored only BetterBatteryStats

My phone's battery went down from 94% to 54% => drained 40% overnight

Left the phone idle for about 7h (overnight) with the screen off and saved the logs in the morning. Attached you can find the zip of the logcat, json & txt dumpfile. I did not find where the dmesg was saved...

Strangly it looks like my phone was in deep sleep for 99.3% of the time so I really don't understand what this battery drain is coming from...

I really hope this helps to analyze the problem. I am not getting the right help from ******* for this.

Attachments

Feb 8, 2013
So,

- I have done a full wipe (using CMW: factory reset/wipe data + wipe cache + wipe dalvik cache + reflesahed miuiandroid_aries_jb-3.9.6.zip)
- I have not entered any accounts (no Xiaomi/Google account)
- I did restore any data, so I had no user apps. I did not even restore my alarm.
- Disabled Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, Data connection
- Put phone in Power Saving (using the toggles)
- Put phone in Flightmode
- Restored only BetterBatteryStats

My phone's battery went down from 94% to 54% => drained 40% overnight

Left the phone idle for about 7h (overnight) with the screen off and saved the logs in the morning. Attached you can find the zip of the logcat, json & txt dumpfile. I did not find where the dmesg was saved...

Strangly it looks like my phone was in deep sleep for 99.3% of the time so I really don't understand what this battery drain is coming from...

I really hope this helps to analyze the problem. I am not getting the right help from ******* for this.
Took a look at your dump, you have 99% deepsleep over night. My only conclusion is that your battery is dead. 99% is the best value you can have.