Phone Not Turns On After Installing Weekly Rom

natihury

Members
Sep 16, 2017
Hi,
I tried to install the weekly rom. I saw in the log a red sentence about unmounting and that's actually it, my phone turned off and go dead.

I cannot turn it on.

How can it be?? What can I do?

This is the correct install procedure @graw2 wrote me time ago:

1. Copy latest MIUI9 xiaomi.eu rom.zip to internal storage
2. Install latest official TWRP recovery in fastboot mode using ADB with below command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
...and then boot to TWRP recovery with below command:

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
3. Install latest MIUI9 xiaomi.eu rom.zip in TWRP recovery
4. Format Data in TWRP recovery and then reboot to recovery
5. Reboot to system

Install all further updates via OTA or via Updater app

Did you try to install using these steps?
Take care about point 4 - is very important otherwise it won't boot

Reactions: Raeykall
This is the correct install procedure @graw2 wrote me time ago:

Did you try to install using these steps?
Take care about point 4 - is very important otherwise it won't boot

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

well, I followed those steps, but to tell you the truth I am not sure about the reboot to recovery.

Anyway, currently I cannot really try these steps since my device is dead. I think it's in a hard brick mode since when I try to press the power button + volume down button I can see the little led light blinking.

I read it's can be hard brick mode that the phone seems dead. To fix it, they say I need to remove the back cover and do some electronic stuff that I prefer to avoid. I understood that the back cover stick with some kind of glue and can be broken when trying to remove it :eek:

and what happens if you try to start the phone in recovery mode ? [power]+[volume+]

If you tried holding the power button for at least 1minute and that didn't work ...try holding all 3 buttons at the same time...hold it for 1minute ...hope that helps....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Hi,
thanks for your reply.

I'll try it.

Hey,

So I wanted to update that the phone is live again :)

I wanted to write here what I've done so it will be available for someone else who stuck on the same issue.
First of all, I switched from Mac to Windows !! :)
Then, I downloaded the MiFlash app and MIUI fastboot rom.
When I connected the phone to the pc, it recognized it. However when I tried to flash the rom I got an error. So I clicked the power+volume_down buttons (the screen was still black of course) and tried to flash it again, this time with success !!

Thank you everyone for your help !