Please Help!! Bricked My Mitv 2 - Model # L55m2-aa

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Nitin Madhbushi, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Nitin Madhbushi

Jun 18, 2016
    Male
    I was trying to get english menus on my MiTV2 (Model number: L55M2-AA). I had succeded initially, but after I restarted the TV, I can no longer see any menus. I only see an "Android System Recovery <3e>" menu, with options to Reboot System Now, Apply update from ADB, Wipe data/Factory Reset, etc.

I have browsed through some of the forums and I am able to start the TV in recovery mode. But I am not able to find the stock firmware to download into my USB stick.

If anyone has the stock firmware and can provide brief steps on how to flash it, I will be very grateful.

I found some old posts on this forum with links to stock firmware, but all of those links are no longer valid.

Thanks,
    Nitin

2. Frep

FrepMembers

Sep 3, 2011
    Make a factory reset

3. Nitin Madhbushi

Jun 18, 2016
    Male
    I don't see an option for doing factory reset. The attached picture probably better conveys what the situation is.

Attached Files:

4. shohidul islam jony

Feb 9, 2016
    Male
    Factory reset is there..can you see?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

5. Nitin Madhbushi

Jun 18, 2016
    Male
    Yes, I did that. Then it goes back to a blue screen and eventually comes back to this.

6. Frep

FrepMembers

Sep 3, 2011
    Try system restore

7. Nitin Madhbushi

Jun 18, 2016
    Male
    Since I do not have earlier backups, when I ask for a System Restore it asks me where to find a back up and restore it from?

If I had the original ROM from Xiaomi, I could have used this option or the "apply update from external storage" to do a fresh install.

8. Frep

FrepMembers

Sep 3, 2011
    System restore delete all of your files but make a clean re-install of your system rom.

9. Nitin Madhbushi

Jun 18, 2016
    Male
    When I select the "System Restore" option (as in IMG_0919), it then asks me where the backups are located so it can perform a restore (IMG_0920). And since I don't have backups, I can't do anything here.

Attached Files:

10. Frep

FrepMembers

Sep 3, 2011
    Can you select one of "-- Restore the system..."?

11. Nitin Madhbushi

Jun 18, 2016
    Male
    No, they are not selectable :). It just prints the text "-- Restore the System --" every time I select the "System Restore" option in the previous screen.

And there are many such lines because I have already attempted so many times :)

m.morcielago likes this.
  12. Frep

FrepMembers

Sep 3, 2011
    Did you try wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset and then reboot system now? One after the other

m.morcielago likes this.
  13. Nitin Madhbushi

Jun 18, 2016
    Male
    Yes, I did all three of them and rebooted. I then see a blue screen with a MI logo on it for about 10 seconds and then it comes back to the same screen that has all these options listed. So, in effect, they don't do much. And the only thing I can try is to update from an external drive - but in order to do that, I need the stock ROM/firmware.

m.morcielago likes this.
  14. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    how did you get into that recovery?

15. hostet

hostetMembers

Jan 17, 2017
    1. unplug the power connector from the box
    2. press onto Ok and back button simultaneously
    3. connect the power connector while holding onto the 2 button on the remote.
    4. Release when you are in recovery. If you see the GITV blue screen, you will need to start all over again.

Share Our Site