Please Help!! Bricked My Mitv 2 - Model # L55m2-aa

Jun 18, 2016
I was trying to get english menus on my MiTV2 (Model number: L55M2-AA). I had succeded initially, but after I restarted the TV, I can no longer see any menus. I only see an "Android System Recovery <3e>" menu, with options to Reboot System Now, Apply update from ADB, Wipe data/Factory Reset, etc.

I have browsed through some of the forums and I am able to start the TV in recovery mode. But I am not able to find the stock firmware to download into my USB stick.

If anyone has the stock firmware and can provide brief steps on how to flash it, I will be very grateful.

I found some old posts on this forum with links to stock firmware, but all of those links are no longer valid.

Thanks,
Nitin

Frep

Members
Sep 3, 2011
I was trying to get english menus on my MiTV2 (Model number: L55M2-AA). I had succeded initially, but after I restarted the TV, I can no longer see any menus. I only see an "Android System Recovery <3e>" menu, with options to Reboot System Now, Apply update from ADB, Wipe data/Factory Reset, etc.

I have browsed through some of the forums and I am able to start the TV in recovery mode. But I am not able to find the stock firmware to download into my USB stick.

If anyone has the stock firmware and can provide brief steps on how to flash it, I will be very grateful.

I found some old posts on this forum with links to stock firmware, but all of those links are no longer valid.

Thanks,
Nitin
Make a factory reset

Jun 18, 2016
Since I do not have earlier backups, when I ask for a System Restore it asks me where to find a back up and restore it from?

If I had the original ROM from Xiaomi, I could have used this option or the "apply update from external storage" to do a fresh install.

Frep

Members
Sep 3, 2011
Since I do not have earlier backups, when I ask for a System Restore it asks me where to find a back up and restore it from?

If I had the original ROM from Xiaomi, I could have used this option or the "apply update from external storage" to do a fresh install.
System restore delete all of your files but make a clean re-install of your system rom.

Jun 18, 2016
Yes, I did all three of them and rebooted. I then see a blue screen with a MI logo on it for about 10 seconds and then it comes back to the same screen that has all these options listed. So, in effect, they don't do much. And the only thing I can try is to update from an external drive - but in order to do that, I need the stock ROM/firmware.

Jan 17, 2017
how did you get into that recovery?
1. unplug the power connector from the box
2. press onto Ok and back button simultaneously
3. connect the power connector while holding onto the 2 button on the remote.
4. Release when you are in recovery. If you see the GITV blue screen, you will need to start all over again.