Invalid Poco F1 180° screen rotation is enabled by default

kanalratten

Members
Sep 24, 2020
I know that this isn't a bug per se, but a *very* odd choice and one not to be seen in the original stock rom: The screen rotates to 180° when held upside down, which is annoying the heck out of me, especially because it looks so ridiculous with the huge notch that I'm convinced that this isn't actually wanted behaviour.
I know thaz this happens with both Miui 12 V12.0.0.3 and 12.0.0.1, pretty sure that wasn't the case on MIUI 11.

I'm sure that this behaviour is introduced to most custom roms by lineage's sdm845 common repo, which has a line in it that enables it - which should be in the polaris specific one imho - not sure if that's the case here.

I know that this isn't a bug per se, but a *very* odd choice and one not to be seen in the original stock rom: The screen rotates to 180° when held upside down, which is annoying the heck out of me, especially because it looks so ridiculous with the huge notch that I'm convinced that this isn't actually wanted behaviour.
I know thaz this happens with both Miui 12 V12.0.0.3 and 12.0.0.1, pretty sure that wasn't the case on MIUI 11.

I'm sure that this behaviour is introduced to most custom roms by lineage's sdm845 common repo, which has a line in it that enables it - which should be in the polaris specific one imho - not sure if that's the case here.
Our ROMs are based on the official ROMs, we have nothing to do with Lineage's repo.
The 180° rotation was unlocked by choice, it is useful with certain phone holders that don't allow charging the phone while the phone is mounted on the holder. Lock the orientation if you don't like it.

Our ROMs are based on the official ROMs, we have nothing to do with Lineage's repo.
The 180° rotation was unlocked by choice, it is useful with certain phone holders that don't allow charging the phone while the phone is mounted on the holder. Lock the orientation if you don't like it.

Oh ok, thanks for the response.

If anyone else however thinks upside down poco looks more cursed than upside down obama, edit /res/values/bools.xml in framework-res.apk and change the config_allowAllRotations line accordingly, I did that and can confirm that it works.

Here is upside down obama for reference: upside_down_obama.jpg
Actually not that bad tbh, ngl