Poco F2 Pro General Questions

Yannis18

Members
Oct 30, 2020
Hello. I have recently bought a Poco F2 Pro and I would like to ask some questions regarding the phone and the weekly build of the ROM.
Are there any important bugs in the latest weekly?
Will my device model name change to "Xiaomi redmi k30 pro" if I flash the rom?
Does it pass safetynet? if yes, Does it pass safetynet with magisk?
Is the unofficial TWRP safe? Should I beware of any problems when I try to flash the rom?

Thanks for your time.

Hello. I have recently bought a Poco F2 Pro and I would like to ask some questions regarding the phone and the weekly build of the ROM.
Are there any important bugs in the latest weekly?
Will my device model name change to "Xiaomi redmi k30 pro" if I flash the rom?
Does it pass safetynet? if yes, Does it pass safetynet with magisk?
Is the unofficial TWRP safe? Should I beware of any problems when I try to flash the rom?

Thanks for your time.
1. I haven't noticed any bugs in the latest weekly except the one that has to do with TWRP and google assistant being disabled (disabled till its fixed)
2. Yes, device name will be K30 Pro
3. It doesn't pass safetynet (cts profile mismatch) but will pass if you use magisk hide
4. Yes, it is safe
5. Don't think so, aside from the TWRP bug when you want to update to newer weekly (need to use fastboot to access TWRP)

1. I haven't noticed any bugs in the latest weekly except the one that has to do with TWRP and google assistant being disabled (disabled till its fixed)
3. It doesn't pass safetynet (cts profile mismatch) but will pass if you use magisk hide
4. Yes, it is safe
5. Don't think so, aside from the TWRP bug when you want to update to newer weekly (need to use fastboot to access TWRP)

Regarding the Safetynet Issue. After using magisk hide, will I be able to use Bank apps, Google Pay, Netflix etc?.
Also, Any possibility of brick? Anything I should avoid during installation or updating? (Cant I update with OTA?)

Regarding the Safetynet Issue. After using magisk hide, will I be able to use Bank apps, Google Pay, Netflix etc?.
Also, Any possibility of brick? Anything I should avoid during installation or updating? (Cant I update with OTA?)
Bank apps and netflix, yes. I don't use google pay so I can't confirm. If you flashed wrong boot.img (e.g china weekly instead of xiaomieu) you'd get a soft brick but it could easily be fixed by flashing the correct one. At the moment, we can't update using OTA. Gotta manually boot to TWRP from PC. It will be fixed once updated TWRP comes though. Btw, I'm not sure if magisk installation works perfectly fine on android 11 since i've seen someone posting a workaround to install it and someone else's magisk got randomly uninstalled after updating to new weekly. I'm waiting for an official safetynet bypass from the rom dev

Last edited:
Reactions: Yannis18
Bank apps and netflix, yes. I don't use google pay so I can't confirm. If you flashed wrong boot.img (e.g china weekly instead of xiaomieu) you'd get a soft brick but it could easily be fixed by flashing the correct one. At the moment, we can't update using OTA. Gotta manually boot to TWRP from PC. It will be fixed once updated TWRP comes though. Btw, I'm not sure if magisk installation works perfectly fine on android 11 since i've seen someone posting a workaround to install it and someone else's magisk got randomly uninstalled after updating to new weekly. I'm waiting for an official safetynet bypass from the rom dev
Thanks for the info!

4. Yes, it is safe
Hi, i am on f2 pro global firmware 12.0.4 and want to use xiaomi.eu
Can you tell me which twrp should I use because its bricking a lot of devices and many people also saying first flash Chinese firmware then flash xiaomi.eu,Can you guide me

Hi, I recently bought the poco f2 pro as I love video games and I'm a pro player. I am experiencing numerous problems with the touch. I looked at guides on the net and going to change the settings of the video game turbo for each app and increasing the sensitivity to the corners the situation did not improve.They have created a phone for games, where you can only lose. But is it possible that after all these months the developers still haven't noticed it? I am really disappointed and would like to know if they are trying to fix the problem.

Hi, I recently bought the poco f2 pro as I love video games and I'm a pro player. I am experiencing numerous problems with the touch. I looked at guides on the net and going to change the settings of the video game turbo for each app and increasing the sensitivity to the corners the situation did not improve.They have created a phone for games, where you can only lose. But is it possible that after all these months the developers still haven't noticed it? I am really disappointed and would like to know if they are trying to fix the problem.
I believe you are in the wrong place. This is a forum for the xiaomi.eu rom, not the official xiaomi forum. As for you problem, I own a poco f2 pro and most of games work fine as well as the touch sensitivity (with or without gameTurbo)