New POCO F3 (12.5.6) - loses gps signal / kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahsha

Members
Aug 25, 2021
Hi, I've noticed that I'm losing gps signal when using waze/maps! It appears that data/mobile service is crashing in the process resulting in "No Service" being displayed for a few seconds until reception is reestablished.

Can someone look into this issue?

Thanks!

+1

I have faced a very similar issue since moving to Xiaomi.EU rom, i can see the quick access button that displays data plan counter to show "SIM card is not installed" for a few seconds until data/service is restored, i can see the bars do NOT go away but it shows "No service" where the provider name would go on the status bar.

For me it seems to work for a few days after a FW update is applied (i.e from 12.5.5 to 12.5.6) until a reboot is made and then the issue returns, during this time i can see the phone does NOT pick up 4G+ Networks so it remains in 4G (or lower) only, the issue seems to be only related to those networks, if i select "Prefer 3G" in mobile settings the issue is not happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: nahsha
Noticed the following in logcat, just in case:

IMS_FATAL]| 3730 |qpCheckSockEventsOnNetConnProfiles : pNetConnProfileArray NULL

Reactions: El Fernas
Here is what i found and did to "fix" my data issue, not sure if its related to the GPS, or simply by losing mobile data the GPS doesnt work just the same, but its quite a simple fix, but you need Magisk (root), and a couple of other apps, Network Signal Guru and LTE Discovery.

In my case i noticed using B66 4.5G (4G+) band caused the mobile data/service to crash, lost for a few seconds, you need to lock that band out, that solved it for me.

https://c.mi.com/thread-3018482-1-0.html

Reactions: katerpanne
My modem crash issue was related to 1900 mhz 3G band. Disabling it seems to have fixed it for now.

I spoke too soon. It isn't fixed, even when disabling the band in question. I'm on 13.0.3.

This doesn't fix it for me. I still get the kernel panic. I don't understand why isn't Xiaomi putting priority on this when clearly multiple users are affected.

Some more references:

I'm on 13.0.3

Hi @Igor Eisberg

Is it possible for someone from the dev team to look into this issue? I've also reported it using the feedback app, but Xiaomi hasn't even acknowledged it.. pretty frustrating.

Thanks.

Hi @Igor Eisberg

Is it possible for someone from the dev team to look into this issue? I've also reported it using the feedback app, but Xiaomi hasn't even acknowledged it.. pretty frustrating.

Thanks.
There's nothing we can do when it comes to signal/modem issues, it's part of the firmware which can't be modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.