New Pokemon GO Gotcha Bluetooth issues

bunglebee

Members
Feb 21, 2021
First time Poster - Hi Everyone
So for the last 2 weeks since updating to Android 11 I have been having issues with pairing my Gotcha evolve.
I completely unpair bluetooth, Open POGO App, Setup Gotcha Evolve - Works until apps closed. On reopening it wont pair with the icon just spinning. The Pokemon Go Plus shows up and has disconnect button.
To have it reconnect I have to close the App, Unpair BT, Open app and reconnect/pair
I have tried a different Gotcha Evolve, Reinstalling the POGO/Evolve Apps, updating the phone, Restarting and different combinations of each. Occasionally it pops up an error that POGO stopped working, although it the app keeps running
Does anyone have a device with the same issues?

Andriod Xiaomi MI 10 lite - MIUI OS 12.1.1 Android 11

Reactions: fluffylad
First time Poster - Hi Everyone
So for the last 2 weeks since updating to Android 11 I have been having issues with pairing my Gotcha evolve.
I completely unpair bluetooth, Open POGO App, Setup Gotcha Evolve - Works until apps closed. On reopening it wont pair with the icon just spinning. The Pokemon Go Plus shows up and has disconnect button.
To have it reconnect I have to close the App, Unpair BT, Open app and reconnect/pair
I have tried a different Gotcha Evolve, Reinstalling the POGO/Evolve Apps, updating the phone, Restarting and different combinations of each. Occasionally it pops up an error that POGO stopped working, although it the app keeps running
Does anyone have a device with the same issues?

Andriod Xiaomi MI 10 lite - MIUI OS 12.1.1 Android 11

I have the same issue with my Poco X3 doenst connect in bluetooth and in the POGO app, it does connect in the gotcha app MIUI OS 12.0.7 Android 10, please any help?

Reactions: fluffylad
If I recall correctly, this was due to the game's incorrect Bluetooth API utilization. I used to deal with the same thing, until I updated my system to a version that had the December security patch, which changed that behavior and I no longer had to unpair the device in Bluetooth settings. Currently I just simply need to confirm a system pop-up that asks, whether I wish to pair the device each time.

Reactions: katerpanne
You dont have to reinstall anything. This is a Pokemon Bug with A11. There should be a PopUp as @fw85- mentioned.

You have to allow the Pairing in the PopUp.

If there is no PopUp check your settings about PopUp-Notifications or youse another phone with A10.

You can add me as friend: 8790 6403 9545

You dont have to reinstall anything. This is a Pokemon Bug with A11. There should be a PopUp as @fw85- mentioned.

You have to allow the Pairing in the PopUp.

If there is no PopUp check your settings about PopUp-Notifications or youse another phone with A10.

You can add me as friend: 8790 6403 9545
I need to emphasize, that the behavior changed with a specific system security update, which I believe was in December.
Back then, similar reports came on Reddit from people using Pixel phones.

Before the update, it would behave as:
1. open the game
2. try to connect the Bluetooth device
3. get a pop-up notification to confirm the pairing
4. confirm it and successfully connect the Bluetooth device
5. restart the game
6. try to connect the Bluetooth device but fail to do so, since no pop-up would appear
7. open Bluetooth settings, look at the list of paired devices and remove the Pokemon Go Plus device (unpair/forget)
8. repeat from step 2 again

After the update, it is:
1. open the game
2. try to connect the Bluetooth device
3. get a pop-up notification to confirm the pairing
4. confirm it and successfully connect the Bluetooth device
5. restart the game, repeat from step 2 again

before A11 update there was no PopUP message it only connected.

And now there is a PopUp message which you have to confirm. There is no need of restart of the game.

I understand what is being said. The issue is once paired and reopened it doesn't do the popup again unless unpaired and done again. It's a nuisance.

I understand what is being said. The issue is once paired and reopened it doesn't do the popup again unless unpaired and done again. It's a nuisance.
It never used to pop up after the initial pairing, it just connected when you clicked the icon

I replaced my Pocophone F1, without issues, with an Xiaomi Mi 10T. Since the last update to MIUI I am having the same issues as above. Does anyone have a solution aready? I think i've tried everything without luck. I tried both the original Gotcha and the Evolve. Both have the same problem.

Last edited:
Since (perhaps foolishly, though thankfully it was after Gible CD!) accepting the Miui 12.0.8.0 Android 11 update (RJGEUXM) on my Poco X3 NFC I am having the same problem, particularly on my main PGo app (less so on the dual apps cloned Pgo app as I'm using a Dual Catchmon). Was working fine on the previous Miui 12 version which was still Android 10, which also had the pairing request pop-up but there it appeared reliably. Definitely not PGo app as same version still works fine with dual apps on my old Poco F1 (which is still on Android 10). I've reset all the bluetooth/mobile settings, cleared all data, even factory reset the phone but problem is still there. Pretty sure there is a bug either in Android 11 generally or in the Xiaomi implementation of Android 11 in the current Miui 12 rom. If anybody works out a fix I'd love to hear about it, or if any Xiaomi tech support are following this thread would really appreciate you investigating! Thank you!

I jump the train, same issue with 12.5.8 on Mi 11. But I think I already had the same issue with the original Global ROM. Still works fine on my old Android 10 Huawei phone.

Reactions: superjonet
I encountered the exact same issue. It was working fine on my old android phone until I switched to Xiaomi operating system MIUI 12.5.
Can someone kindly advice a way to fix the issue? Thanks.

I have same problem but discovered that there is something called dual app on my Xiaomi 10 and the gotcha works prefect on the "clone". If your phone supports dual apps you might give it a try.

I sadly can't test the solution. With all tried app clone apps (which are mostly all above 4 stars rating) the login in Pokemon Go won't work.

I sadly can't test the solution. With all tried app clone apps (which are mostly all above 4 stars rating) the login in Pokemon Go won't work.

It´s not an external app
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OP here. Dual app on Xiaomi Mi note 10 lite working with dual app. Well done for figuring that out. What a weird bug! Just one extra button press to fix 7 months faffing

I tried the clone method, but it dont works for me.... Still no pairing message. Only errors
Dus je hebt geen app gedownload, ant Duall apps zit standaard op Xiaomi.
Je moet enkel een "vinkje" zetten onder Apps, Duall apps bij Pokemon Go.
En dan moet je natuurlijk wel de juiste PoGo openen. ;)