Possible To Update Redmi 4 Prime From Miui 8 To 9 Using Updater ?

erikpuij

Members
Oct 15, 2016
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to update my Redmi 4 prime from MIUI 8 to MIUI 9 using the updater APP.
Have been using it this way to update from MIUI 7 up to MIUI 8.6 without any problem so far.
I have downloaded the latest MIUI 9.3 , but the update APP of the phone can't verify the update package.
Are the MIUI 9 update packages zip files organised in a different way ?

Do I have to use TWRP (3.02) to install it ?
Is any data lost this way ?

Thanks,
Erik

I am using an unlocked Redmi 4 prime with MIUI 8.6 ( xiaomi.eu 7.6.8 Beta ROM )

Last edited:
Of course, I have updated my girlfriend's Redmi 4 Pro few mouth ago using update App to MIUI 9.

I think your problem is the version of MIUI, because update app can verify only the last version available to download in zip from official site.

Go to en.miui.com and select your model

Here you can find the last official, usually developer ROM were updated weekly so if you want this ROM, you need to install quickly, in few days it will become obsolete.

Tell me if all gone right

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi gimmy_simi ,

Thanks for your reply.
However I use the weekly EU.ROMS for my Redmi 4 prime. ( Not the Xiaomi Chinese Developer ROM )
The latest MIUI 8 for my phone was weekly ROM 7.6.8 .

I noticed that the contents of the zip update file starting at MIUI 9 differ from the MIUI 8 files.
There is a 'cust' Folder inside the MIUI 8 zip file that is not present in the MIUI 9 zip.

I guess the update can be performed using TWRP , but I am not sure.
If so, do I loose any data.

Any suggestions , anyone ?

Erik

Last edited:
Hi gimmy_simi ,

Thanks for your reply.
However I use the weekly EU.ROMS for my Redmi 4 prime. ( Not the Xiaomi Chinese Developer ROM )
The latest MIUI 8 for my phone was weekly ROM 7.6.8 .

I noticed that the contents of the zip update file starting at MIUI 9 differ from the MIUI 8 files.
There is a 'cust' Folder inside the MIUI 8 zip file that is not present in the MIUI 9 zip.

I guess the update can be performed using TWRP , but I am not sure.
If so, do I loose any data.

Any suggestions , anyone ?

Erik
Hi
I performed the update via TWRP and its went smoothly. Give it a try!

Enviado do meu Redmi 4 através do Tapatalk

I have just updated my redmi 4 prime using TWRP succesfully from MIUI 8 to the latest MIUI 9 weekly ROM. (After backing up Apps and data.)

Thanks.

Reactions: Zeper
Hello i have also an R4P and want to update rom 8.0.5.0.0 stable to Miu 9 is it possible using updater App or ? please help.

Miu 8.PNG

Hello i have also an R4P and want to update rom 8.0.5.0.0 stable to Miu 9 is it possible using updater App or ? please help.
I don't think that yours is an official ROM (one 0 too much, original stables are like this: 8.2.1.0). So first you have to flash an original ROM, then unlock your BL. After this you can install TWRP and with TWRP or updater app this EU-ROMs here. Detailed guides you can find by searching the forum.

Yes, you can flash original MIUI ROM with locked BL, it is even a must, because you cannot unlock with a fake ROM. I recommend using MiFlash with fastboot ROM (choose method of cleaning on the bottom of MiFlash). After flashing original ROM you have to bind your device to your Mi account and request for unlock. After 72 h binding time you can unlock your device, flash TWRP and eu-ROM. If possible/necessary make a backup of your data before flashing, because clean flash is recommended when flashing eu-ROM for the first time.

Last edited:
This update does not play audio properly anymore,is there an sollution.
What update? The ROM 9.2.2.0 or the 9.2.4.0? If it's 9.2.4.0, it's full of bugs. Now i'm with the last weekly and so far works fine.