power button problem

robiq

Members
Oct 24, 2017
Hey

I have some problem on global stable rom, but I'm not sure it is software or hardware problem. So please tell me do u have this kind of problem on xiaomi.eu?

sometimes when I want to lock the phone by pressing the power button, after I press it the screen is of, but after second it is on again and I can see the lockscreen wallpaper.
It happens not for the each time, but very often. I think it is some hardware problem. Ive tried to make the shortcut on the screen "lock the phone", and when I press shortcut the screen is off and nothing happen.
what do you think about it? I'm not sure if it was happens before the last update to 9.5.13.

Reactions: ivanster2029
Hi,

I have the latest Official Global Stable and have the same issue as you report

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Hey

I have some problem on global stable rom, but I'm not sure it is software or hardware problem. So please tell me do u have this kind of problem on xiaomi.eu?

sometimes when I want to lock the phone by pressing the power button, after I press it the screen is of, but after second it is on again and I can see the lockscreen wallpaper.
It happens not for the each time, but very often. I think it is some hardware problem. Ive tried to make the shortcut on the screen "lock the phone", and when I press shortcut the screen is off and nothing happen.
what do you think about it? I'm not sure if it was happens before the last update to 9.5.13.

Hi, it started happening to me from a couple of versions (10.12x) for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.
I want to ask you if you solved it and how?

It's hardware problem. You need to replace power button. You can buy it on Ali, it's cheap part.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka