Problem flashing global to Xiaomi.eu

psaldanha

Members
Aug 15, 2016
Hi folks. Help me out as this problem os driving me nuts.

So two weeks ago, i got my mi9t global and flashed it to xiaomi.eu developer with no problem or error (unlocked bootloader, flash twrp, flash xiaomi.eu ROM). Its was 20.3.12. Run it fine.

I set as security the pattern lock and fingerprint.

So today tried to update the xiaomi.eu 20.3.12 to the latest rom 20.3.26. Everything went fine but the phone couldnt boot to system. It kept booting to recovery (twrp) or fastboot, as i choose.

The twrp log just shows an error "wrappedkey".

Tried to wipe data, Dalvik and cache, then install xiaomi.eu ROM, with no luck. Went to recovery twrp boot.

Tried to format data, Dalvik and cache, same thing.

Then formated system, data, Dalvik and cache with same result as before. Just twrp or fastboot.

The ONLY thing that got me to system boot was doing a full flash with miflash tool. The bootloader remains unlocked.

With the ROM global OEM installed, tried all processo again: twrp, flash xiaomi.eu. Again, no sucess. Just boot to recovery twrp or fastboot, as i choose.

Went again to flash mi ROM global to get phone working.

Can someone give the a clue whats os wrong?? Or any idea??

Hi folks. Help me out as this problem os driving me nuts.

So two weeks ago, i got my mi9t global and flashed it to xiaomi.eu developer with no problem or error (unlocked bootloader, flash twrp, flash xiaomi.eu ROM). Its was 20.3.12. Run it fine.

I set as security the pattern lock and fingerprint.

So today tried to update the xiaomi.eu 20.3.12 to the latest rom 20.3.26. Everything went fine but the phone couldnt boot to system. It kept booting to recovery (twrp) or fastboot, as i choose.

The twrp log just shows an error "wrappedkey".

Tried to wipe data, Dalvik and cache, then install xiaomi.eu ROM, with no luck. Went to recovery twrp boot.

Tried to format data, Dalvik and cache, same thing.

Then formated system, data, Dalvik and cache with same result as before. Just twrp or fastboot.

The ONLY thing that got me to system boot was doing a full flash with miflash tool. The bootloader remains unlocked.

With the ROM global OEM installed, tried all processo again: twrp, flash xiaomi.eu. Again, no sucess. Just boot to recovery twrp or fastboot, as i choose.

Went again to flash mi ROM global to get phone working.

Can someone give the a clue whats os wrong?? Or any idea??
What TWRP version? you must use official one available at download.
Nobody reported this issue, that's strange. MI9T is flashing easy for me.

Used the one downloaded from twrp oficial site.

No, i saw a post about mi9t with almost same thing but it was from november. But i think that is already fix...

Dont know really what may be...

Will try again...

The strange think is that it was updating a xiaomi.eu ROM via OTA by WiFi. Started update, went auto to twrp, updated unpacking, then reboot but went to twrp. Not system. And then just got twrp boot...

Official Global ROM --> Xiaomi.eu ROM = Always need to "Format Data" in TWRP before flashing the .EU custom ROM.
If your phone doesn't boot after ROM update, and without (re)installing Magisk, it can be a TWRP compatibility issue.
Or if you used my K20 to Mi 9T conversion patch on the previous ROM version and you forgot to flash it after update. (It is mandatory, except if you use the new "Safe" patch version)
;)

Official Global ROM --> Xiaomi.eu ROM = Always need to "Format Data" in TWRP before flashing the .EU custom ROM.
If your phone doesn't boot after ROM update, and without (re)installing Magisk, it can be a TWRP compatibility issue.
Or if you used my K20 to Mi 9T conversion patch on the previous ROM version and you forgot to flash it after update. (It is mandatory, except if you use the new "Safe" patch version)
;)

My route was: official global ROM -> unlocked -> flash fastboot twrp official -> flash in twrp xiaomi.eu 20.3.12 -> boot to system ok -> flash in twrp magisk and Patch k20 to mi9t..... Went everything smooth. Updated to latest Xiaomi.eu (auto update done by rom update). Didnt format data.
Just got boot to recovery.

After several failure tried, flash to official global latest ROM with the mi flash. No twrp know, no xiaomi.eu ROM. I think miflash flashes every partition except lock bootloader.

So with everything official, went to flash twrp and then Xiaomi.eu. again, no luck and just boot to recovery.

So, even flashing everything with official ROM, i know must flash k20 to mi9t flash?

Will try flash everything before booting to system.

Formating data erases infernal storage (media and personal files)?

Because if thats so, will not update xiaomi.eu to format data every time i want to update Xiaomi.eu...

My route was: official global ROM -> unlocked -> flash fastboot twrp official -> flash in twrp xiaomi.eu 20.3.12 -> boot to system ok -> flash in twrp magisk and Patch k20 to mi9t..... Went everything smooth. Updated to latest Xiaomi.eu (auto update done by rom update). Didnt format data.
Just got boot to recovery.

After several failure tried, flash to official global latest ROM with the mi flash. No twrp know, no xiaomi.eu ROM. I think miflash flashes every partition except lock bootloader.

So with everything official, went to flash twrp and then Xiaomi.eu. again, no luck and just boot to recovery.

So, even flashing everything with official ROM, i know must flash k20 to mi9t flash?

Will try flash everything before booting to system.

Formating data erases infernal storage (media and personal files)?

Because if thats so, will not update xiaomi.eu to format data every time i want to update Xiaomi.eu...
after changing rom from global to eu rom by twrp, it does not let you start system. so you have to do wipe>factory reset. and than it starts normally.
if you want to update weekly your eu rom just install it and select the package. it does the update by twrp again. and go to twrp once again wipe>advanced wipe>dalvic/cache data. that's all. it should work fine.

Redmi K20 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Reactions: Poney70
after changing rom from global to eu rom by twrp, it does not let you start system. so you have to do wipe>factory reset. and than it starts normally.
if you want to update weekly your eu rom just install it and select the package. it does the update by twrp again. and go to twrp once again wipe>advanced wipe>dalvic/cache data. that's all. it should work fine.

Redmi K20 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Done that after rom automatically update by twrp to latest xiaomi.eu version and not boot to system but booting to recovery. Did wipe dalvik and cache with no luck. Will try again know and report results.

Thanks!

SUCESS! I FLASHED WITH SUCESS TO LATEST XIAOMI.EU!!
BEFORE ALL, THANKS FOR THE HELP TO THE USERS THAT POST HERE!

I think the tutorial for flashing xiaomi.eu is somewhat incomplete and too long!

To reference, i have a Xiaomi MI9T Global version.
I went directly from global version to latest xiaomi.eu version! No need to go through all xiaomi.eu versions.

My route (short version - just read and follow the tutorial and adapt to my route) to flash xiaomi.eu:
1. unlock bootloader and activate developer options - usb debugging
2. Disable any security (pattern, fingerprint, etc)
3. Have a folder with adb and fastboot tools
4. Flash twrp from this https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...o-be-used-for-weekly-eu-9-11-7-install.53254/
(twrp image or batch in tutorial post and xiaomi.eu rom download page didnt work for me at all; just got fastboot image. Dont know if twrp image from twrp website works. This twrp image i suggest has more options.)
3. Enter twrp, format Data, Cache and Dalvik; reboot twrp to recovery.
4. Place xiaomi.eu rom, K20 to MI9T patch and magisk latest version (download from magisk website) to internal storage (conect usb cable from computer to phone, open comand line, go to adb folder, write ABD PUSH xxxx.zip /sdcard/. Do this for xiaomi.eu rom, then patch, then magisk.
5. Install (flash) xiaomi.eu rom, then reboot twrp to recovery.
6. Install k20 to mi9t patch, then reboot twrp to recovery.
7. Install magisk, then reboot twrp to recovery.
8. Format dalvik and cache, then reboot to system.
Done!

Thanks again to who help me!

So, to clarify, if in the future i need to update to the latest xiaomi.eu version (from a xiaomi.eu already installed version), i cant install it from Definitions-Update, right?

The correct way would be:
- download the rom to internal storage
- have the k20 to mi9t patch in internal storage
- have the latest magisk version in internal storage
- boot to twrp recovery
- format data, cache and dalvik
- install rom, then patch, then magisk
- format dalvik and cache
- reboot to system

Some doubts?
- is really necessary to format data? Cant be just wipe data? Will format or wipe data erase all my media files (like photos, apps, files, etcs)?
- or can update to latest version and just need to install again k20 to mi9t patch and magisk and no need to format/wipe data?

2. Disable any security (pattern, fingerprint, etc)
I'm not sure if this step is necessary, because in step 3 you are doing wipe.

4. Place xiaomi.eu rom, K20 to MI9T patch and magisk latest version (download from magisk website) to internal storage (conect usb cable from computer to phone, open comand line, go to adb folder, write ABD PUSH xxxx.zip /sdcard/. Do this for xiaomi.eu rom, then patch, then magisk.
No need to use command line for this. In TWRP your phone is visible in Windows in explorer, so you can drag and drop the files. Its easier I guess.

So, to clarify, if in the future i need to update to the latest xiaomi.eu version (from a xiaomi.eu already installed version), i cant install it from Definitions-Update, right?
Not sure what is "Definitions-Update". I'm kinda new on this phone, I've been flashing for many yers OnePlus before. Every new rom I got system notification and I could download it, but no flash, because unlocked bootloader and Magisk installed. All I had to do is reboot to TWRP and flash rom and Magisk from there. No need to format anything.

@jantom thanks for the input.

Well, when i tried to flash a new xiaomi.eu rom version weekly doing that by going to Definitions - My Device - Miui Version - Transfer and Install, it justs messed with boot. When booting, it just went to TWRP. Then i format some partitions and go just with the twrp to play. After some hours and using the Mi Flash, got to boot to system.

Step 2 - i just suggest that in the event that things get wrong, with decrypt not working.

Step 4 - is a good suggestion althought never saw the internal storage with twrp available in my computer. :) will see next time.

Last quote: yes, by now i know that the best thing to flash a new version is download rom, patch k20 to mi9t and magisk, go to twrp, dont wipe data, flash rom, patch and magisk in twrp, then wipe dalvik and cache, then boot.

Step 4 - is a good suggestion althought never saw the internal storage with twrp available in my computer. :) will see next time.
If you don't see it in your computer, there is option in TWRP to mount your storage. Then it'll be visible. In my TWRP its mounted by default.

Hello how are you? i also had this problem in my mi9t. unlocked, USB debugging on. does not update via OTA, whenever you had to download the rom on xiaomi.eu and install via TWRP. when I tried to leave the beta for global xiaomi.eu it crashed at startup. I finally managed to install the global xiaome.eu through the miflash tool. this issue of the k20 patch to mi9t did not understand and tbm do not like to be rooted.

Hello how are you? i also had this problem in my mi9t. unlocked, USB debugging on. does not update via OTA, whenever you had to download the rom on xiaomi.eu and install via TWRP. when I tried to leave the beta for global xiaomi.eu it crashed at startup. I finally managed to install the global xiaome.eu through the miflash tool. this issue of the k20 patch to mi9t did not understand and tbm do not like to be rooted.
from stock rom to eu rom you must format data in twrp wipe section!
that's all what you need to do!
read instruction at first page please!
And provide real information: eg: global xiaomi eu rom doesn't exist.

[/CITAR]
from stock rom to eu rom you must format data in twrp wipe section!
that's all what you need to do!
read instruction at first page please!
And provide real information: eg: global xiaomi eu rom doesn't exist.
[
It was bad, I got really confused. I meant stable and not global. in short: it was in the most current Beta and back to stable. Thanks.

You can try orange fox, it's more stable than TWRP. You should use china stable as stock rom instead of global.