[problem] Installing Official Global Rom 8.1.2 With Twrp

revo89

Members
Jan 13, 2017
Hey everybody,

I did not know about the Downgrade from China 8.1.3 -> China 8.0.6 -> Global 8.1.2 option.
...thread-472663-1-1....

Now I have an unlocked Redmi 4 Pro with TWRP on it and the Xiaomi.eu stable ROM installed. I would like to install the official Xiaomi-ROM image that has recently been released: Global stable 8.1.2 to benefit from OTA updates and to test it in general.

I have downloaded the image here: ...download-320... Version: V8.1.2.0.MBEMIDI (MIUI8)

I transfered the file to the internal storage and tried to flash it with TWRP after wiping the phone, unfortunately the image can not be installed ERROR 7. Custom ROMs can be installed though, what's the problem here? Looking forward to hearing from you, maybe you can help me out! Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi Friend. I have a new Redmi 4 Pro to test. I'll check the process you did and feedback results. Proably you need to reinstall from fastboot.

I've tried to downgrade, and install new global rom and it worked.
Probably you Wipe system and may cause a problem. Use only factory reset to update it worked for me.

As "ximio" said, if you have unlocked BL you can download Xiaomi FlashTool and install Rom frome there.

Reactions: revo89