Problem To Install 8.2.4.0 On Mi5s

MomZo

Members
Dec 18, 2016
Hello.

I usually update my phone from one Xiaomi.eu stable version to another on my Mi5S without issue but this time, it is not working.

I downloaded the zip file for Mi5S from the forum, renamed it "Update.zip", copied it on the root of the hard drive. Then, I chose this package from the Updater App and the decrypting sequence was progressing normally until 100%
Then, the phone asked to reboot and it booted on TWRP but nothing happened.

I tried twice but no chance with this update. Any idea how to fix this issue and help me to install the latest version?

P.S1: My TWRP version is 3.0.2-X by BY~XM

P.S2: I also tried to flash it manually in TWRP but some red errors were raised and the install failed

Hello.

I usually update my phone from one Xiaomi.eu stable version to another on my Mi5S without issue but this time, it is not working.

I downloaded the zip file for Mi5S from the forum, renamed it "Update.zip", copied it on the root of the hard drive. Then, I chose this package from the Updater App and the decrypting sequence was progressing normally until 100%
Then, the phone asked to reboot and it booted on TWRP but nothing happened.

I tried twice but no chance with this update. Any idea how to fix this issue and help me to install the latest version?

P.S1: My TWRP version is 3.0.2-X by BY~XM

P.S2: I also tried to flash it manually in TWRP but some red errors were raised and the install failed
Maybe the downloaded file is corrupted. Have you checked the MD5 hashcode?

How can I check the MD5?
I currently have a problem with my Internet box so I will try to download again the file as soon as I got my connection back.

It depends on your OS.
On Linux and UNIXes the command is generally available (e.g.: md5, md5sum).
On Windows it depends on the version. You can try with certutil.exe or you can download a 3rd party app.
You can also find apps on Google Play Store to compute MD5 hash of a file on your device.

Post to delete
A post is never "to delete" (unless few cases like spam etc.).
Instead in a forum it's a good practice to explain how a problem has been solved.
Both things may be useful for other people facing the same problem without the need to create a new thread.

Happened to me once. Turn out it was a corrupt .zip file. You might want to download it again.

Hi

I'm still waiting to unlock my Mi5S (a few more hours I think...).
I'm with the China Develop 7.4.27 Beta..
Is this the latest (and best) ROM for our device?
Thanks

Hi friends, actually i am on 8.0.3.0 with global stable on my MI5S, if i want to go to 8.2.1.0 global stable how do i do ? just with recovery mode ??
Thank you ;)

Hi friends, actually i am on 8.0.3.0 with global stable on my MI5S, if i want to go to 8.2.1.0 global stable how do i do ? just with recovery mode ??
Thank you ;)
Dont go to that version. its full with bugs.

Thank you Dr !! is this 8.2.4.0 is better ?
Other wise, how can i go to the weekly ROM ? what do i have to do ?

Sorry for not giving news earlier but I've been so busy with my work.
I successfully installed the latest stable ROM. The solution : I made a mistake and I have downloaded the zip for Mi5S Plus, that is why I cannot flash it on my Mi5S.

Pretty stupid, I know... But thank you for your help anyway.