Problem Transfer Of Data

Nas42O

Members
Apr 24, 2016
Hello :)

I can't transfer data between my MI5 and my computer.

When I transfer via Cable , I get an error message

When I Use a usb key OTG , I can only transfer light files , big files I can't :/

Can you help me please ?

1) OTG: what cable are you using? maybe it is a bad cable.
2) Cable: before you can start trasnfer files between your mi5 to your pc or viceversa you need to install drivers on your pc. after you install drivers you will be able to send or receive files.

1) OTG: what cable are you using? maybe it is a bad cable.
2) Cable: before you can start trasnfer files between your mi5 to your pc or viceversa you need to install drivers on your pc. after you install drivers you will be able to send or receive files.

Thanks !!! I tried with MiPad2 cable , it's okay !!!!! :)

Thanks !!! I tried with MiPad2 cable , it's okay !!!!! :)
nice for you i had problems with a cable when i was helping my friend updating his samsung. sometimes cables are faulty or are only for charging and not sending data!!

Update the drivers. Enable USB debugging when you connect the phone to computer.
You can also use an android file transfer program to share files between phone and pc.

Last edited:
If not possible, try a new cable to link the phone with PC.
As for me, I like to use some data assistant tool, it can show different kinds of files in the list, so I just select the ones to export on my computer, then you can transfer files from Xiaomi phone to PC.
https://goo.gl/Chs7NP

Last edited: