Problem With Battery On My Redmi Note 2

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 2' started by PetranEVO, Feb 10, 2016.

1. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    Hello,

I have huge problem with my phone.

I get only 2.5 SOT without using it almost at all, it's brand new just got it from Vickmall . I have made fully charge more than 5 times.

I have used:
    7.1.1 Stable
    .24 Dev
    .17 Dev
    Also i have used the phone without any apps , and without any sim attached, still i am getting the same result.

Why is this problem ?
    The installs were clear 100%

MatrixLinux likes this.
  2. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    Hello, try turning off the auto light, turn off what you do not need from the synchronizations. Install the new ROM 6.2.28/29. If it does not work buys a new battery, and perhaps your defective, about 10 Dollars

3. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    It's brand new phone how can it be deffective ?
    I will install it just now the Dev one.
    I have already closed everything. You don't understand quite well, the only thing that i used it , it's like a phone not wifi not anything and i got this kind of hours SOT.

4. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    and also i have tried battery from other phones. (that were new)

5. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    The battery may be defective, not the phone

6. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    i have already answered ,to my last answer.

7. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    Ok

8. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    We have sent the message along! do not be angry

9. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    i'm not angry , i was just saying that you can find my answer, up.

So now what is left ?

10. MatrixLinux

Oct 7, 2015
    Dear @PetranEVO you try to detect if in your RN2 there are some Virus trojan Maleware with an antivirus ( I suggest you 360 security ).
    If your phone is clean you must upgrade to last ROm available if you have STABLE OFFICIAL TEAM here http://en.miui.com/download-274.html
    if you have STABLE XIAOMI:EU here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=46986
    you must download 7.1.3.0 then you can wipe cache from recovery and install update ROM.
    Otherwise if you have found some Virus malaware or other you must remove these and then install update... you can solve this problem and you haven't battery drain. Be careful Facebook, whatsapp, twitter are apps that can increase battery drain.

Stefano131270 likes this.
  11. bufus

bufusMembers

Jan 8, 2016
    My 2 cents, and I'm pretty unhappy with battery life as well:
    - battery usage is really bad, with any ROM you might try, so don't expect too much;
    - turn off sync, data and wifi, and it'll last a little longer, but then what's left?;
    - turn off auto brightness, it helps;
    - if you want to install an older stable release, you'll be able to intall Xposed, and then install Amplify and Greenify, but it won't help much further;
    - also, make sure you set balanced mode, because performance mode really sucks it all away.

There's also power profiles, but it all depends on what you want to do with your phone... if you just browse for 2 hours straight, you'll still see battery go down really fast. The only way to save battery efficiently is not using the phone, just leave it locked :/

12. Antonis Deligiannis

Sep 28, 2015
    Male
    Greece
    #12Antonis Deligiannis,Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Try this to enable Permission Manager. This made a big impact on my Redmi Note 2 as far as background running apps,are concerned..

13. Tobee

TobeeMembers

Sep 8, 2015
    Male
    You could also check if you have some kind of wakelock problem. A lot of things can keep the processor busy and prevent deep sleep. It is also recommended to keep the phone on the charger beyond 100% for approximately 45 minutes. It turned out that there is a remaining space of about 350mAh on the battery when the software shows 100%.

14. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    My ROM that i have installed is from the EU Database,and NO nothing happened. It goes the same thing ,as the other phones that my friends have, not even 2 Hours SOT ,and with wifi and stuff like this turned off completely.

What the hell is going on ?
    Sorry for my late reply but i moved to Poland.

15. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    I installed , after wipe all the phone the 7.1.3 of the official stable rom here that you have provided me.
    I will not install not even a single app..

BUT if i am going to have SOT again only for 2 hours.

Try to say to me the next time,someone to suggest something,and not again the same things that i have trojan, or that i don't leave the phone to charge more after the 100%
    I am computer engineer , i know some stuff.

I am talking to you all,to figure out what the hell is going on with the phone itself.

And afterwards i will ask the company to take place also.

16. Varvaris

VarvarisMembers

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    Do the factory data reset and than install xiaomi.eu 6.1.29 beta hermes or latest 6.2.18

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk

Stefano131270 likes this.
  17. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    I have made a factory data reset and installed the thing that was proposed to me in upper messages.
    7.1.3.0 Stable. and the things are the same (yes i wipe advanced,dalvik etc. etc.) don't anyone say that.

The phone got nothing . Again 2 hours and 10 minutes of SOT without wifi , and with the usage of the data connection to be counted at 10minutes.

I will try the thing that you suggested and afterwards ,i just gonna hate this company and regret for the phone that i bought.

18. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    :eek:

19. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    Again the same.

My phone still gets with recording of GSMA Battery Monitor, 2 hours SOT!

20. nkvinh

nkvinhMembers

Sep 19, 2013
    Male
  21. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
  22. nickzeptepi

Feb 12, 2016
    I've just bought a rn2 and I got a spare battery. One battery is terrible, Lloyd of lag, screen wake up very slow, sot probably 2hrs. I swap to the 2nd battery and so far no problems. Reduced lag, screen wake reasonable.
    With my old phone the was a trick to condition the battery for these root of problems. It involved discharging to 0 switch phone off and recharge. Disconnect charger, Take out battery for 30 seconds replace battery does it read 100 % when u reconnect the charger. Repeat this process a couple of times the battery should then be reconditioned to recognise the correct charge.
    I'm yet to try it but will give it a go later.
    Has anyone else experienced a difference in batteries? Or have a better procedure for reconditioning?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

23. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    I will do this also !!!!!

24. PetranEVO

PetranEVOMembers

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    I checked it, the phone even if its off the battery after removal after 1 minute still shows the 100% so.... it's fully charged.

I just contacted to xiaomi because it's un-acceptable from me,to have all this phones to have the same problem and they are not ,not even 1 month old!

Share Our Site