Proximity Sensor Not Working While Calling

D

Deleted member 163612

It's the same on Xiaomi.eu weekly and latest available stable; the proximity sensor on my Kate does not work during call. I am talking, move the device away from my ear and want to hang up or add a note, screen stays dark. Reporting such bugs here is useless I guess, but I think reporting it at en.miui.com forums is useless too because no support for Xiaomi.eu ROMs. Xiaomi.eu can't fix stuff like that, and Xiaomi devs won't support a Xiaomi.eu ROM.

1st: - Make sure your screen protector (if you have one) is not blocking the sensor.

Try to re-calibrate your proximity sensor.
http://webcazine.com/16981/qa-miui-7-how-to-calibrate-the-proximity-sensor-on-my-xiaomi-phone/

Or alternatively this link with more instructions: -
http://www.androidbeat.com/2016/10/fix-proximity-sensor-not-working-issue-redmi-note-3/

Recalibrate the proximity sensor
If a restart does not solve the proximity sensor issues on your Redmi Note 3, you can try recalibrating the sensor from the hidden service menu of the phone. This service menu can be accessed by opening the Dialer app and keying in “*#*#64663#*#*”. From the menu that opens up, tap Proximity Sensor followed by Calibration. Once the calibration successfully toast message comes up, tap Black Card and immediately keep your finger on the proximity sensor. You should get a BlackCard success message. If not, repeat the step again.
  1. On your phone’s dialer, enter * # * # 64663 # * # *
  2. On the Hardware tests menu, select Proximity sensor.
    miui7_proximity_sensor_1_20160203.jpg
  3. Tap the Calibrate button.
  4. When you see Calibration passed, you can tap the Home button to exit the hardware test.

Got the same problem on 8.1.1.0 Global Stable (official rom).
Did you report it at en.miui.com? If yes gimme a link so I'll confirm.

@John O Connell thanks for the hint, but using a stable ROM, which is the supposed to be a stock firmware this is a no-go.
It can't be that users have to callibrate the sensor so they have a normally working device. But that's Xiaomi. Love it or hate it.

Calibration seemed to fix it, so it is not a hardware fault. I guess I have to recalibrate after ROM Update?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: John O Connell