Question about flashing xiaomi.eu rom

b0b3rman

Members
Jun 6, 2019
I am kinda confused about one thing. At the miui.blog guide (step 15) it mentions to also flash the "Disable Force Encryption zip" . I didn't find in any other guide this extra step /requirement . So is it necessary to flash the Disable Force Encryption or not? I am not interseted in rooting the device btw

Not sure why that guide tells you to install that file, but no, there's no need to flash that.

I found on the xiaomi wiki at github that you need to install it if you want to use the official MIUI with the TWRP flashed.

(There is this warning under Flash TWRP section : Warning: To use official MIUI with TWRP flashed, you have to disable dm-verity by flashing Magisk or Lazyflasher. Dm-verity causes MIUI to clear TWRP on boot and may also bootloop the device )

So I guess there is no need if I am gonna use the xiaomi.eu rom.

If someone knows something more feel free to comment :)

Hi Guys,

Just sharing my experience, i have successfully flash stable EU Rom but upon reboot. It bootlooped on TWRP.
Tried to use EDL mode on the TWRP and all works fine now. Hope it helps others.

Reactions: b0b3rman
I am kinda confused about one thing. At the miui.blog guide (step 15) it mentions to also flash the "Disable Force Encryption zip" . I didn't find in any other guide this extra step /requirement . So is it necessary to flash the Disable Force Encryption or not? I am not interseted in rooting the device btw

Hello. I used the same steps. But now I'm kinda worried that I will not be getting any OTA updates for the k20 pro. When I try to check for any update. I get a file to download. When I click on the button to download the 2.4gb file it says your on the latest update or there is a problem with the server or I should visit xiaomi.eu
Can you give me any feedback