Question About Locked Bootloading

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 / Pro' started by BigSilky, Apr 29, 2016.

1. BigSilky

BigSilkyMembers

Apr 29, 2016
    Male
    Hi sorry for the noob question but I'm looking at getting the Redmi Note 3

I keep seeing issues with the bootloader being locked. My question is if I'm ordering from ******* and they have the international ROM with google play etc on it, would I necessarily need to unlock the bootloader?

What benefits is there from changing the ROM? Cheers

2. Margatto

MargattoMembers

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    I ordered from ******* and had my device with a custom romantic installed from the vendor (you should better ask ******* not to install a modified rom when ordering). Google was installed but no way to update officially.
    I flashed with miflash the last global stable but had issues with WiFi. Then updated to the last global beta en.miui.
    This is pretty decent and good rom.
    I DID ALL WITHOUT UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER.

3. BigSilky

BigSilkyMembers

Apr 29, 2016
    Male
    So just to clarify the modified ROM you got when ordering from ******* isn't good, and that's why you suggest asking them to send one without it?

4. Margatto

MargattoMembers

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Exactly. So they should send you a phone with stock China stable rom (chinese/english).

5. BigSilky

BigSilkyMembers

Apr 29, 2016
    Male
    I understand now. Is the only disadvantage of the Chinese ROM that it has Chinese apps/ no google play? Is that difficult to change once you get it?

6. Margatto

MargattoMembers

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    Don't think.... I don't know I was forced to flash my actual Rom. It is not a question of difficulty (lots of guides to read but very detailed) but the risk to make an error and have potentially your phone bricked...

7. hawks

hawksMembers

Jan 7, 2016
    I have been waiting for 2 weeks to get an unlock code but I didn't receive anything. Then I followed a guide to do semi-unlock and flashed xiaomi.eu ROm 7.2.2 on my Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo).

8. nsansari

nsansariMembers

Apr 19, 2016
    Male
    Also alot of customised ROMs by suppliers have malware on them. I am a noob myself. When I got my phone first thing I did was check for malware. and as expected found loads of it using AVG. So I went through all the hoops of figuring out how to flash and asking questions whether I needed to unlock the bootloader.

So far I HAVE FLASHED GLOBAL ROM STABLE WITHOUT UNLOCKING BOOT LOADER. Although I have got the confirmation from xiaomi to unlock the bootloader I have decided not to do it now as I am very happy with the kenzo ROM I have now.

9. Margatto

MargattoMembers

Nov 17, 2015
    Male
    @nsansari
    What rom version do you have now?
    I had Kenzo global stable 7.2.3 ... With WiFi bug... So updated to global beta 6.4.14 witch I recommend!

10. nsansari

nsansariMembers

Apr 19, 2016
    Male
    it is MIUI Global 7.2 Stable - 7.2.3.0(LHOMIDA)

I don't have any wifi issues at all. Everything working as it should. I have a Redmi note 3 pro 32gb by the way. Also as soon as I installed the above ROM I got a OTA update as well.

and this is the step by step I followed. ....thread-235865-1-1.html

11. hawks

hawksMembers

Jan 7, 2016
    I would gladly keep Global Stable ROM if it had the Dutch language on it.

Share Our Site