Question On Data Privacy Protection

NoDruid

Members
Oct 21, 2017
Dear Community/Developers,

I searched your forum a bit, but didn't find an exact answer to my question. I hope you can help me out. I recently purchased a Redmi Note 4 and found that I really like the MIUI OS, but was kind of shocked when I read the Privacy Policy regarding the following segment:

We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):

• Information you provide to us or upload (including your contact details): we may collect any and all personal information you provide to us, like your name, mobile phone number, email address, delivery address, Mi Account details (e.g. your security related information, name, birthday, gender), order, invoicing details, materials or data you may sync through Mi Cloud or other apps (e.g. photos, contact lists), information in relation to creating an account and participating in the MIUI Forum or other Xiaomi platforms, phone numbers you insert into your contacts or to send a message, feedback, and any other information you provide us.
  • Device or SIM-related information: information related to your device. For example, IMEI number, IMSI number, MAC address, MIUI version, Android version, device manufacturer details and model name, network operator.
  • Information specific to you that may be assigned by us: we may collect and use information such as your Mi Account ID.
  • Location information (only for specific services/functionalities): various types of information on your location. For example, country code, city code, mobile network code, cell identity, longitude and latitude information, language settings.
  • Log information: information related to your use of certain functions. apps and websites. For example, cookies and other anonymous identifier technologies, IP addresses, temporary message history, standard system logs.
  • Other information: environmental characteristics value (ECV) (i.e. value generated from Mi Account ID, phone device ID, connected Wi-Fi ID and location value).

I have no problem sharing anonymised data to help developers in fixing problems, but this contains the collection of personal data I do not want to share. I read that Xiaomi.eu removed some of Analytic Apps and functions and my question now is how much of the data collection in the Xiaomi.eu rom is different from the original OS?
Again I hope you can help me understand. Otherwise I guess I would have to go the LineageOS way even if it doesn't look as great as MIUI.

Thanks in advance!
*Edited: Also sorry for language mistakes, I'm not a native speaker*

TL;DR How much of the data collection in the Xiaomi.eu rom is different from the original OS?