Quick Charge 3.0 Problem

Jouni Holsius

Members
Nov 18, 2016
Mi mix 2 quick charge problem on usb3 wire (charging only 300Ma on ampere) , was working before.
When I connect cable that come with phone (usb 2.0 I assume) ampere gives +3000Ma.
Tested with Nillkin elite cables (usb 3.0 blue connector) , I have two of them and they worked before.
Tested 3 different qc 3.0 chargers usb 2.0 stock cable works +3000Ma, usb 3.0 does not work.

I have the same issue after Oreo 8 update. Its way below average.

s!Ap5oRtoYsSwSv3CyogbioOOIMdRu

s!Ap5oRtoYsSwSv3CyogbioOOIMdRu

Last edited:
When i plug the cable, the Phone indicate that is charging but he doesnt, i have to reboot with the cable plugged.

When i plug the cable, the Phone indicate that is charging but he doesnt, i have to reboot with the cable plugged.
Have you tested with ampere apk? It shows how much mA phone is charging.
Rebooted my phone with usb 3.0 cable connected , still not working.
edit. Original 2.0 cable works fine.

Have you tested with ampere apk? It shows how much mA phone is charging.
Rebooted my phone with usb 3.0 cable connected , still not working.
edit. Original 2.0 cable works fine.
I did not tested because the phone don't charge at all! The charging symbol appears but don't charge! Did you clean dalvik and cache? I did that and start to charge! (after reboot)

Clean installation. Booted with charger connected etc. , cleaned cache & dalvik , nothing works with usb3.0 charging problem.
Stock cable (usb 2.0 I assume) works ok and ampere gives +3000mA charging current.
Usb 3.0 gives usually below 300mA charging current.
Usb 3.0 cable (nillkin elite) worked before with my MI 5 plus.

It seems like everything is as should be now. Fast charging is working as intended with stock charger and battery life is better then ever I am really impressed.

Reactions: Cunha88
For me mi mix 2 with the last Oreo update it's charging fast only when the phone switched off

And slowly when it's switched on

Bought new cables https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auk...32794422848.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.9PF4mF.
They are usb 3.0 (blue connector), quick charge works ok with these aukey cables.
My old nillkin elite usb 3.0 cables still does not work, worked before.
Strange situation. Seems those cables have some kind of differences.
The USB-C, USB 3.0 and QC3 specifications are not 100% cross-compliant, particularly with respect to current, voltage drop, charge-rates and profiles.

There is a lot of debate as to how to align these specifications, but it is doubtful we will ever see 100% compliance.

As you have discovered, even if a cable meets the USB 3.0 certification, it may not meet the QC 3 requirements, and vice-versa - it all depends what you are want, charging performance, data transfer performance or connector compatibility.

The change in behaviour from one ROM to another could be due to some specific implementation change in charging profile, permissible voltage drop, battery temperature trip-limits, particularly in the change from Android 7 to 8, where updated requirements may have been implemented.