Radio Interference From Xiaomi Tv4

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by skyjuice, Feb 11, 2018.

1. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    #1skyjuice,Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    I read someone had such disturbing radio interference that affected the use of the 2.4 Ghz bandwidth of his router that was placed underneath and near his Xiaomi TV4. He attested that his router would work properly only when he switched off the TV4. His 5 Ghz network was not affected. There was no solution although some reported that they did not experience such interference.
    Presently, I have a AC Ryan 4K (on 2.4 Ghz) connected to Xiaomi TV4 to run TV drama from Taiwan as Xiaomi refused to work with the Taiwanese website and I did not want to root the TV. I noticed that the movie has broken sound and jumping pictures. This never happened when I use the AC Ryan with another Hitachi TV upstairs. Presently, Xiaomi TV was on Ethernet wires and AC Ryan was on WiFI. Some said that Xiaomi TV would switch off the WiFi automatically when the TV is connected to Ethernet wires but I suspect it may still be active. Anyway, I will try to connect both, the Xiaomi TV and AC Ryan, through Ethernet wires just to find out next week ( I need to find an ethernet switch)

Anyone here has similar experience?

2. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    #2skyjuice,Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    BTW, our router is placed upstair, some 20 metres away.. never noticed any interference from the Xiaomi TV4 when Xiaomi was put on WiFi. The AC Ryan player sits next to the Xiaomi TV. I can always try to place both, the Xiaomi and the upstair's Hitachi TV together next to each other to test out if there is an interference from Xiaomi but found it too troublesome to do so.

3. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    When I used WiFI Analyser near the TV and switched on the TV, I found Xiaomi TV transmitting a WiFi signal at 2.432 Mhz at a moderate signal strength. It disappeared and came back now and then. Not quite sure what and why Xiaomi is transmitting that signal.. I have double checked that the signal is from Xiaomi TV.

Attached Files:

4. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Just solved the mystery. It has nothing to do with interference from Xiaomi TV as I have done everything possible including swapping the internet connection and WiFi connection between the TV and AC Ryan; also changed the HDMI cable etc. Finally, it is down to cleaning the memories and caches of the storage data. Apparently the cleaners in built in AC Ryan is not powerful and could not clean all the rubbish. The One Key Master Cleaner downloaded did the job very well and now the video is running smoothly. Thank you for reading.

5. Bojin

BojinMembers

Sep 2, 2017
    Male
    Hi where do You buy the tv4 ? Is it in english ?

Envoyé de mon Mi-4c en utilisant Tapatalk

6. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Where do you stay? The TV came in Chinese menu but there are APKs that can change the displays to English menu

7. Bojin

BojinMembers

Sep 2, 2017
    Male
    I'm in France. English menu is not a problem but chinese ...
    The translation is good ?
    Which buyers ?

Thanks dude :)

8. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    I would definitely discourage you from buying a Xiaomi tv set. There is nothing but frustration in your future. Also, keep in mind you will be hit with high transportation costs and subject to EU import duties, which make the apparent bargain very costly.
    Not to mention the aggravation of trying to untangle all the Chinese centric language and software issues.

DONT DO IT!!!

Bojin likes this.
  9. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Xiaomi has not made its TV products available for overseas market/ It is still testing in Chinese market. Though one can change the menu language to English, some are still in Chinese. Also, the TV OS are toilet made for Chinese market which does not use Google Service (they banned the use) and also other types of video players etc found in western movies. Some customizations will be required for stable operation. If you are not familiar with Xiaomi product, good to find out more before buying it.. Some bought the TV in China and shipped them to their countries and found it completely useless. Just to play as a normal TV.

Bojin likes this.

Share Our Site