Ram Utilization

Aug 26, 2016
A quick question - those people using the xiaomi.eu ROM for Mix2, what is the RAM utilization (amount consumed) after a clean install, with no additional apps running in background?

Reason for asking is to understand what sort of free RAM is available for apps and general running, since with the bigger (more pixels), should require additional RAM for the basic operation of the device.

I currently have a Mi5 Pro, with 4GB RAM, and I am looking at the Mix2 as my next device, trying to decide between the 6 and 8GB RAM versions, do not want to go for 6GB, if there is only going to be less than 3GB left after a clean boot.

Cheers.

Fresh reboot nothing open, I have usually 3-3.5GB free. I didn't check what was the RAM available after the fresh install though, but if there's 3GB available even with apps installed, I can only imagine the amount is more with 0 installed apps.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the additional pixels on mix2 will require that much more ram...?

Usually i see 500-800MB free on normal usage (unused RAM is wasted RAM). I have yet to notice any apps close in the background unless I'm opening multiple big games. I'm also coming from mi5 with 4GB RAM, and the 6GB really does make a difference in day to day use. 8GB might be a bit much based on currently available apps, but if you can find the full ceramic one go for it! I would go for that not for the ram but for the ceramic unibody alone...sooooo nice

Fresh reboot nothing open, I have usually 3-3.5GB free. I didn't check what was the RAM available after the fresh install though, but if there's 3GB available even with apps installed, I can only imagine the amount is more with 0 installed apps.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the additional pixels on mix2 will require that much more ram...?

Usually i see 500-800MB free on normal usage (unused RAM is wasted RAM). I have yet to notice any apps close in the background unless I'm opening multiple big games. I'm also coming from mi5 with 4GB RAM, and the 6GB really does make a difference in day to day use. 8GB might be a bit much based on currently available apps, but if you can find the full ceramic one go for it! I would go for that not for the ram but for the ceramic unibody alone...sooooo nice
Hi,
Thanks very much for the detailed response, most appreciated.

I agree about the full ceramic body.... I may wait until it starts shipping in November, and see what my bank manager has to say.....

Good luck...I think availability will be very very limited for the unibody version...and likely have huge markups.
When the mix 1 was first launched, 100%+ markup was common in Hong Kong for grey market imports.