Re-lock Bootloader After Xiaomi.eu Rom Flashing

zppinto

Members
Feb 24, 2017
Can someone please tell me if it's possible to re-lock the bootloader after flashing a Xiaomi.eu ROM?
I already tried to do it, but the phone doesn't boot anymore when I re-lock the bootloader.
If not possible, can please someone explain me why we can't do it?!

you cant lock BL on our roms... it will not boot after that...

Reactions: vladpaul
And why we can't do it, do you know?!
Because we are opening a door to anyone to flash a new ROM on my phone if I lost it, right? Security is compromised...

How it's possible to install a new ROM on a locked bootloader? Can you explain? I never saw it...

How it's possible to install a new ROM on a locked bootloader? Can you explain? I never saw it...
the way dodgy seller installed their fake rom with so much ads, virus, bloatware, you name it even though the phone is BL locked...

this problem is Xiaomi's... locking BL only make yourself difficult to freely use your phone as you pleases....

why bother? just install TWRP and enjoy... ^^

My only concern is related to security! With an unlocked bootloader a theft can do anything with my phone, and I'm not able to recovery it or lock it with my Xiaomi Account.
Of course I've installed a Xiaomi.eu ROM and I'm pretty happy with it. Finally I've Portuguese from Portugal :D

its still lockable even though your BL is unlocked.... the phone will ask for your account and password if you reset it...
unless the thief know how to flash Lineage OS.... again, its doable in locked BL using EDL....
I'm from Indonesia... :)

Hi, is it possible to flash xiaomi.eu rom to my mi5s with only an EDL cable? I actually can't unlock my phone's bootloader and even though I'd love to use this rom and still be able to use Android pay and snapchat.
Anyway thanks in advance