New Reading Mode time wrong after Daylight Savings Time on Xiaomi.eu ROM [MIUI 11 Stable 11.0.5]

CommieColin

Members
Mar 3, 2020
I have a bit of a weird issue here and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this:

For those of you in the USA who use Reading Mode - I've noticed that ever since us Yanks moved the clocks forward an hour on Saturday, March 8th, the Good Night's Read setting, which turns on Reading Mode based on sunset time, is now kicking in an hour earlier, like what it was before we moved the clocks an hour forward.

I have tried enabling/disabling Reading Mode, adjusting the system time manually and then turning it back to auto, but nothing works.

It more or less seems like the ROM or Xiaomi is pulling the sunset time from somewhere that hasn't been adjusted for Daylight Savings Time - even the official Xiaomi weather app shows the correct sunset time.

Is this a known bug in Xiaomi.eu ROMs, or MIUI in general? Anyone else experiencing this?

I have the same issue on MIUI 12. Reading mode doesn't turn on when sunset scheduling is on. On MIUI 11 it worked.