Recommended Method To Upgrade Eu Rom To Eu Rom?

nlacsoft

Members
Jul 25, 2016
Hello,
i'm wondering what is the preferred method to upgrade my EU dev. ROM time to time? Eg. now i'm on 6.7.28 and like to be on the latest 6.8.4.
I guess i need TWRPing the new image but what options i need exactly to set in TWRP to possibly keep my apps and settings? Or a full wipe (factory reset) is recommended and re-install my every custom stuffs?

Download rom to phone and update with Updater app, three dots, Choose update package... and wait.

Interesting... when i follow this method, apparently everything goes well (phone reboots automatically) but when i check the MIUI version in Settings/About phone, i can see the previous version.. Other interesting thing is, the zip ROM file is deleted during the process.
I'm wondering if it is just a small bug that the new version is not displayed or some bigger issue is there, for example nothing is updated.
Any experiences?

Same problem here. Downloaded latest MIUI EU ROM, chose the update package in Updater, phone rebooted but still in previous ROM version. Same thing happens when I tried updating China ROM. (Currently still on MIUI 8.6.9.8 Developer ROM)

Ok... seems like the "Choose update package" way doesn't work. I'm a bit wondering why i can't see a lot of complains about it.

Can someone describe the exact way (if there is) to upgrade the eu rom incrementally via TWRP the way like the "Choose update package" way supposed to do: keeping settings, accounts, apps installed etc. I'm not sure what partitions to select, what is allowed to wipe etc.

Hi, I recently just flash a fastboot China Stable Rom for my Redmi Pro to get rid of the EU developer Rom by following the tutorial in YouTube (search How to Flash Redmi Pro and it will be the first video on the list).

Not sure which model of phone you are using but there is a link in the video description that takes you to a list of Fast boot Roms for different models of Xiaomi/Redmi phones.

Unfortunately I don't see any EU fast boot rom (only Global/China etc.) in the list. Not sure if this will help you or not but that tutorial definitely helped me to get rid of that buggy EU Rom I had.

Hi, sorry what did you exactly solve with TWRP and rooting? Cus i have it done too from the beginning.
When I bought my Redmi 3 Pro from Honorbuy.it, it had the xiaomi.eu 7.3.1 version intalled, I searched online how to update it and I found out there was a way to do it by using the Updater app, by selecting the zip file through "install from package" option. So I tried this way but then phone kept rebooting without updating, but instead with the same 7.3.1 version. I do the request to unlock the phone, only to find out that the phone was already unlocked, then I tried to enter recovery mode, and that's when I found out that I didn't had any recovery installed, so I managed to install TWRP and now recovery mode worked out. TWRP also unrooted the phone. Then I tried to update the phone again using the Updater app and this time it worked!!! So I have the 7.5.1 version installed now.

When I bought my Redmi 3 Pro from Honorbuy.it, it had the xiaomi.eu 7.3.1 version intalled, I searched online how to update it and I found out there was a way to do it by using the Updater app, by selecting the zip file through "install from package" option. So I tried this way but then phone kept rebooting without updating, but instead with the same 7.3.1 version. I do the request to unlock the phone, only to find out that the phone was already unlocked, then I tried to enter recovery mode, and that's when I found out that I didn't had any recovery installed, so I managed to install TWRP and now recovery mode worked out. TWRP also unrooted the phone. Then I tried to update the phone again using the Updater app and this time it worked!!! So I have the 7.5.1 version installed now.

Interesting.. I originally had the chinease rom, so unlocked the phone and installed twrp and supersu so i was able to install the eu rom via twrp, months ago. But after that, updating the eu recovery rom with the Updater app doesn't work.