Recover deleted File on Mi2S pls !!!

Jun 6, 2013
Hi guys, I accidentally deleted my contacts back up on my sdcard folder of Mi2S. Unfortunately i didn't make a back up on google server... Grave mistake !

Now i am repenting.. after several hours of searching on the internet , i found few excellent guides on how to recover files from internal memory of Android.

In that guide, i somehow failed to understand one step... it is mmcblkop number for my internal sd card... It would be helpful if someone help me how i can find out that...

By the way, this is the guide i am following for recovering a backed up contacts file in vcf format stored in SD card main folder of my Mi2S 32GB.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2143188

Any help i can expect regarding this friends ?

Thanks in advance... You can also suggest me if you know a better & simple method of recovering any files in Android after accidental deletion !

Jun 13, 2012
Anyway there are some softwares for recover files from damaged/formatted hd, like recuva, I never tried it on android memories but I guess it should work fine

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2013
Doesn't google save your contacts? I have mine backed up with them and every time I wipe my device or switch to a new phone my contacts always show up.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2013
Doesn't google save your contacts? I have mine backed up with them and every time I wipe my device or switch to a new phone my contacts always show up.

But the problem is these Google servers have made almost all of my contacts name mixed up.... for ex. last name comes first & first name last. In between there is this company which they work for...

Ex: Steve Jobs. Microsoft

this was showing in my contacts as JobsMicrosoft Steve ! i dont know the reason why, but it was so until i used Gapps. Hence edited all of my contacts ( 680 of them - manually ! such a pain staking Task it was )... This job i have lost it .

I didn't knew a way to recover this single vcf file of max 50kb just because we dont have any external sd card... poor thinking by Xiaomi i guess... Most of the data recovery softwares doesn't recognise this Internal memory card.... for this you need a high level of command prompts knowledge.... which i unfortunately lack as of now....

Overall i used to have these edited contacts on my internal storage & never synced onto Google server. Until recently it was OK, but i don't know why i did so, accidentally i deleted thinking it as an extra file... Then i had to pay the Heavy price....

SO that is my long story....

Anyway thanks for your time to reply for my question.

Aug 21, 2013
Sorry you lost all your contacts that is a major pain. Hmm well mostly people in my contacts just have their first name not last so I don't have this issue. But maybe back them up anyway having messed up contacts is better then none at all in case of another accident.

Jul 31, 2014
Hi guys, I accidentally deleted my contacts back up on my sdcard folder of Mi2S. Unfortunately i didn't make a back up on google server... Grave mistake !

Now i am repenting.. after several hours of searching on the internet , i found few excellent guides on how to recover files from internal memory of Android.

In that guide, i somehow failed to understand one step... it is mmcblkop number for my internal sd card... It would be helpful if someone help me how i can find out that...

By the way, this is the guide i am following for recovering a backed up contacts file in vcf format stored in SD card main folder of my Mi2S 32GB.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2143188

Any help i can expect regarding this friends ?

Thanks in advance... You can also suggest me if you know a better & simple method of recovering any files in Android after accidental deletion !
You can make use of a recovery software to get back all your data from a memory card. Watch this video which will guide you on how to do the same.

redmaner

translators.xiaomi.eu maintainer
Staff member
Jan 12, 2013
I don't know if anyone awnsered yet but it's:
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/storage

Or

/dev/block/mmcblk0p27

The first one is a symlink of the second one so they are both the same.

Jun 6, 2013
I don't know if anyone awnsered yet but it's:
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/storage

Or

/dev/block/mmcblk0p27

The first one is a symlink of the second one so they are both the same.
Hmm... Thanks for your reply. Eventually it came little late. But worth informative.
I will remember this value.

Oct 14, 2016
To recover accidentally deleted contacts back up on your sdcard folder of Mi2S without backup, first you need to stop using it in case of data overwritten. Then you can use a pro phone data recovery program to get them back.

Last edited: