Red Rice Phone Is Turning Chinese??

Nyx99

Members
Aug 15, 2016
Ok so I bought this in China a few years ago and didn't mind the Chinese content because it was so good. Last year about or whenever I flashed the new ROM and it improved the amount of Chinese I was seeing. About 6 months ago a new large update came through (maybe Miui update) and since then lots of stuff is Chinese tagged eg" my cleaner tool now only appears as Chinese language (so I don't know what it is saying) and I am also getting fairly regular messages from Xiaomi in Chinese which again I cant translate.

So what to do? I am happy with my phone, I only use it occasionally as I prefer my mipad and work from home (So don't feel the need to update it).howing Miui 7.3.1.0, Phone Model HM1W

If I need to put on a new ROM, I have 551mb memory left, will this be enough or do I have to take something off to accommodate it or get an sd card? I seem to have a Chinese map GPS thing which I presume I cant change to a local setting??? If so, should I take it off to make more space? there are also various other Chinese tagged apps like an orange one with a squirrel. Which of these can I take off?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for that. I am a bit technologically uneducated so can you point out to me on that page what version I am looking for, for Red Rice and suggest which is the best way to download it eg: I went to OTA and couldn't find any Miui 6's.

Thank you so much for that. Its a busy site and I was only able to get it to download until this morning. But I have hit a snag, when it comes to download it automatically sets the download to the sd card which I don't think I have. Then it tells me I don't have enough memory which is not true as I have something like 8GB. When I try and put it onto phone storage it changes the address line but always after the sd card part but when I tap the whole line to manually remove the sd card part, it wont let me change the line eg: the direction is: storage/sdcard0/(whatever folder I send it to). Do you know how to change this? Thanks for your help.