Redmi 2 Camera : Blurry Picture

californiarolls

Members
Apr 30, 2015
Hello,

I recently bought a Redmi 2 enhanced edition. My previous smartphone was a Red Rice.

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem with the camera : the pictures are quite blurry even though the sharpness is on high. It looks like there is no picture stabilization.

On screen, when taking the shot, the picture looks good. But in the gallery it's not sharp. On my Red Rice, the quality was much higher.

I tried with CameraFx and the Android stock *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* and I get the same result.

When doing a macro, the quality is great though.

I'm on the last stable ROM, 6.5.2.0.

I think the issue is not the hardware. Any thought about it ? Thank you for your feedback.

Edit : it seems that tey are some issues with the camera : it cannot focus on objects far than more than 1 meter and the colors tends to be "yellowish".

Last edited:
Hello,

I recently bought a Redmi 2 enhanced edition. My previous smartphone was a Red Rice.

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem with the camera : the pictures are quite blurry even though the sharpness is on high. It looks like there is no picture stabilization.

On screen, when taking the shot, the picture looks good. But in the gallery it's not sharp. On my Red Rice, the quality was much higher.

I tried with CameraFx and the Android stock *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* and I get the same result.

I think the issue is not the hardware. Any thought about it ? Thank you for your feedback.

Edit : it seems that tey are some issues with the camera : it cannot focus on objects far than more than 1 meter and the colors tends to be "yellowish".
Hello,

Hi,

The camera sensor for the redmi 2 is not as good as the redmi 1. I also found that when I bought the redmi 2. Sad about that but I have not found any solutions since !

I understand that the quality might be lower, but here no shots were sharp. Except for the macros that look really good.
It appears that my camera has an hardware problem. It will be replaced. Thanks to the great after-sales service of Smartophone.

I received a new Redmi 2. The camera is now sharp and the focus is really quick.
The picture is a bit yellowish but it is a generic issue and using another app solves the problem.

For people who have the same issue as I had, the only solution is unfortunately to change it because it is an hardware issue.

This thread can be locked ;)