Redmi 3 Completely Bricked After Installing Update

KubaAseph

Members
Jun 30, 2016
Yesterday I succesfully updated to MIUI8 (all xiaomi.eu ROMs), but due it was draining my battery pretty fast, I decided to go back to "last MIUI7". But it was bugged (no SIM detection, null device id error, notes not working, developer setting unable to change), so I decided to go back to MIUI i used before update to 8 (earlier than "the last 7". I started update, everything was looking fine (TWRP log like always), but then screen gone black unexpectedly.
I tried starting phone after it, but I always have (no matter normal of fastboot) "holding power -> vibration -> Mi or fastboot screen for a half of second -> screen off -> vibration -> Mi logo (no matter normal or fastboot) -> screen black, but shining -> screen off" sequence. If plugged to PC I have "plugged sound", after switching on ""unplugged sound" -> vibration -> Mi logo -> screen off -> vibation -> Mi logo -> screen shining -> screen off -> "plugged sound"". When plugged to PC it gets detected as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008". I tried flashing it by MiFlash, but got "Unknown error.(0x80004005: EndTransferPacket id 0, status 9)" and QPST, but got Sahara error when making flat built, "port does not contain a phone in diagnostics mode" when trying to restore backup and when I want to restore backup by QFIL restore button is unclickable. Liteally the only method I haven't tested is opening phone and connecting pins, but I don't want to do it.

Any other ways to repair it? Thanks in advance.
(I know there was similar thread before but the brick there was caused by another reason)

Try MiUnlock and unlock bootloader ;-)

Odesláno z mého Redmi 3 pomocí Tapatalk

run mi flash and prepare the official rom you want to use (dev rom is better is you want to back to unlocked bootloader, root, twrp, etc)
plug the phone to computer
hold vol + and - and power button until it vibrate
screen may be blank what so ever but mi flash will recognize com port (exp: com7)
than press the flash button and wait until it finish

i hope you can revive your phone again

I tried "+ - pwr", screen started shining (altrough nothing is displayed), but now MiFlash gave me "Fatal error (0x8000ffff: Receiving hello packet)

Last edited:
Ok, I know what happened. Magically I got it to run in fastboot without autoreboot and then MiFlash said that device is locked.
All the problem was caused by bootloader which got locked again for unknown reason.
Thanks for help and I hope this will be helpful for others.
Also protip: Don't update to MIUI8 until aplha will end

Last edited:
Just plug your phone to the computer, switch to fastboot mode even if it dissappears afterwards and start MiUnlock and try to unlock the phone.
On a lot of tries with Xiaomi.eu ROMs I had the bootloader relocking itself and preventing booting.

Just plug your phone to the computer, switch to fastboot mode even if it dissappears afterwards and start MiUnlock and try to unlock the phone.
On a lot of tries with Xiaomi.eu ROMs I had the bootloader relocking itself and preventing booting.
I did it already and the system booted without problem

Reactions: spaiduhz
Yesterday I succesfully updated to MIUI8 (all xiaomi.eu ROMs), but due it was draining my battery pretty fast, I decided to go back to "last MIUI7". But it was bugged (no SIM detection, null device id error, notes not working, developer setting unable to change), so I decided to go back to MIUI i used before update to 8 (earlier than "the last 7". I started update, everything was looking fine (TWRP log like always), but then screen gone black unexpectedly.
I tried starting phone after it, but I always have (no matter normal of fastboot) "holding power -> vibration -> Mi or fastboot screen for a half of second -> screen off -> vibration -> Mi logo (no matter normal or fastboot) -> screen black, but shining -> screen off" sequence. If plugged to PC I have "plugged sound", after switching on ""unplugged sound" -> vibration -> Mi logo -> screen off -> vibation -> Mi logo -> screen shining -> screen off -> "plugged sound"". When plugged to PC it gets detected as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008". I tried flashing it by MiFlash, but got "Unknown error.(0x80004005: EndTransferPacket id 0, status 9)" and QPST, but got Sahara error when making flat built, "port does not contain a phone in diagnostics mode" when trying to restore backup and when I want to restore backup by QFIL restore button is unclickable. Liteally the only method I haven't tested is opening phone and connecting pins, but I don't want to do it.

Any other ways to repair it? Thanks in advance.
(I know there was similar thread before but the brick there was caused by another reason)
I do have the same problem after downgrade from miui 8 to miui 7 stable, it's because bootloader locked again so I can't go into recovery, but after get into fastboot mode, power + volume down, with blinking bunny logo, after second blink the bunny logo stays then I unlock again, reboot, everything back to normal

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

I do have the same problem after downgrade from miui 8 to miui 7 stable, it's because bootloader locked again so I can't go into recovery, but after get into fastboot mode, power + volume down, with blinking bunny logo, after second blink the bunny logo stays then I unlock again, reboot, everything back to normal

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Just use MiFlashUnlock again...

im asking how about my device not binding with mi account? can i unlock it,pls im really confuse